Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Loud blades

Old 10-16-2006, 02:09 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud blades

Anyonen ever have a problem with their blades being loud? I used to get fluttering and I've done everything in my power to fix it. I got carbon blades, new mainshaft, new feathering shaft, and replaced worn out ball links and redid all the linkage lengths. Now instead of all out fluttering, it sounds like I'm getting mini-flutter constantly. The blades won't go totally crazy flop around cause me to lose head speed but it certainly doesn't sound right, there's now a large low pitched buzz. Please help!!![]
Old 10-16-2006, 06:08 PM

Default RE: Loud blades

brother you got too much pitch too soon and that make that breaking wind sound at low head speeds.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:48 PM
My Feedback: (4)

wondering if maybe I had too little, I ended up reading 0 at mid stick (swear it wasn't like that before) thnx for the advice, if anyone has any more ideas let me know I'll be checking out every possibility!
I'm not sure the sound was that of too pitch (trust I've heard it before, lol. But hopefuly your advice will further aid things
Old 10-16-2006, 10:10 PM

wel, u kinda supposed to have 0 at mid stick, in normal mode from mid stick down it goes down just a bit then midstick up it start increaseing, in idle mode when you flip the sswitch and the motor spins at full the middle will be 0 and increase when pushed up and same when going down it will increase pitch but it will be the other way going down to have negative pitch for flying upsidedow--inverted. well if too much pitch too soo like your problem probably was making your motor hot as hell too and the battery as its draining more battery to try and keep up as its canda flooding the motor with too much pitch and makes it harder for it to spin