Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

blue or white ?

Old 10-18-2006, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blue or white ?

What is the difference between the blue and white gears?Yhe white seems bigger ,can yo mix and match?
does the tail not hold as well with one or the other?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:38 PM

Default RE: blue or white ?

Having both in my hands, I would say that one is blue and one is white

- Chaz
Old 10-18-2006, 07:44 PM

Thanks that clears thing up alot.but maybe I should have said the aqua tail gear and off white one the aqua one is smaller and has less teeth .Does this cause less tail speed or more? I would think the slower tail speed would have less hold .
Old 10-18-2006, 07:47 PM

The blue gear set changes the ratio for the tail rotor, slows it down for when you use a higher headspeed. You must use the blue tail drive gear and blue pulley. But you can use the white main and blue tail and vice versa as long as the tail gears are the same color.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:48 PM

Yah, your right the blue is not only a reduction in gear size but it is claimed "true round" unlike the stock white. If you replace just the main "top" gear youll have to be careful of tail speed because it can blowup like mine did. But some people havnt had that problem mixing them like I have. One of the reasons for the blue is claims of the white blowing up the tail assembly.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:49 PM
My Feedback: (5)

The white gear came with the SE V1. It was weak. V2 came with the improved blue gear
Joe
Old 10-18-2006, 07:56 PM

I have the white in my xl and I am building an se the new frame came with the blue,So the blue seems better, but I would have to have a higher head speed to make up fort he loss of tail speed? yes? and then ultimatly have the same tail speed as the xl but higer head speed ?And a more responsive heli.although the xl seems to move fast enough for me.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:18 AM

It's not a case of having to increase head speed with the blue gear. The blue gear ratio was designed for high head speed use while keeping the tail speed reasonable.

The other difference is the material they're made from, the blues are supposed to be stronger and more dimentionaly stable, (they're round).

If you start with white gears and switch to blue as an upgrade you should increase your head speed to make the tail work properly.
Alternatively, if you want to increase your head speed to improve stability and control response you need to use the blue gear set to prevent overspeeding the tail.