Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 throttle end pionts or thr. curve? >

throttle end pionts or thr. curve?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

throttle end pionts or thr. curve?

Old 10-18-2006, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle end pionts or thr. curve?

Where can I adjust my high end, head speed, throttle end point or throttle curve?
I wasnt getting enough speed in my tail so I replaced the blue tail gears back to white and my tail exploded within seconds of flight. So now Im replacing 11t pinion to 13t and puting back all blue gears. I dont have a tach so Im playing this by ear. Im thinking Ill have to reduce the high end speed from 100 down to 85-90 just to be safe. Thanks Mike
Old 10-19-2006, 06:13 AM

Default RE: throttle end pionts or thr. curve?

ORIGINAL: FLYMIKE

Where can I adjust my high end, head speed, throttle end point or throttle curve?
I wasnt getting enough speed in my tail so I replaced the blue tail gears back to white and my tail exploded within seconds of flight. So now Im replacing 11t pinion to 13t and puting back all blue gears. I dont have a tach so Im playing this by ear. Im thinking Ill have to reduce the high end speed from 100 down to 85-90 just to be safe. Thanks Mike
If you're over speeding like you sugest you need to check your pitch settings. Full power should be required at max pitch else the motor will bog. Don't reduce it.

The blade pitch should go up to +11 degrees. As you don't have a tacho do you at least have a pitch gauge?

My setup

Stock Align motor and 35A esc (GOV mode on)
Blue gears
11T pinion
Blade pitch -11/+11

Pitch curve norm 40 - 45 - 50 - 75 - 100
Throttle curve norm 0 - 85 - 85 - 85 - 85

Pitch curve Idle1 0 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100
Throttle curve Idle1 85 - 85 - 85 - 85 - 85

Gov mode will give whatever power is required to maintain the set headspeed, so the 85 in my throttle curve relates directly to headspeed. At high pitch angles (or fast pitch increases) the ESC will be giving 100% power to the motor to keep the set headspeed.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:48 PM

Default RE: throttle end pionts or thr. curve?

Mike,

Give me a call, maybe we can meet up this weekend and do a bit of flying.