Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 HS-65 Hitec Servo Question - Trex-450SA >

HS-65 Hitec Servo Question - Trex-450SA

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HS-65 Hitec Servo Question - Trex-450SA

Old 10-19-2006, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS-65 Hitec Servo Question - Trex-450SA

EDIT = Sorry folks, stupid question !!!!

So how do you modify the heli frame to get the larger servo bodies of the 65 series servos to fit?

The frame seems to be layed out for the smaller JR-285's or the Hitec Hs-56's.

Do you just file off some of the aluminum, or do you modify the servo case?

Its only about a 2mm difference.

Also are you just using a sheet metal screw to fasten servos? Just dig into the aluminum huh????

Any users with nut and bolts w/ threadlock out there???

Looks like a sweet heli, can't wait to get it in the air.

The old Walkera 22E has served its purpose, its now time to move forward with the flying addiction...

[:@]
Old 10-19-2006, 11:41 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: HS-65 Hitec Servo Question - Trex-450SA

You do not have to modify the frame at all. I'm in the process of putting my SA together now and i'm using hs -65's in mine and they fit perfect in the cutouts. You may want to read your instructions, there is a bag in the kit with the servo screws and the back plates that you need to mount them. I mounted my gyro in the rear of the heli and it looks like it might be tailheavy. I might have to put it up front.

Hope this helps
Old 10-19-2006, 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: smallplanes

You may want to read your instructions, there is a bag in the kit with the servo screws and the back plates that you need to mount them.

Hope this helps

You mean like on pages 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 of the manual that came in the box that I am just now looking at for the 1st time?

That manual ?????????? LOL I feel DUMB!!!

So, what motor you gonna run and what pinion tooth count you think will be best for your particular motor?

I've purchased a Astro Flight 020 for supposedly "Designed " for the 450 Trex.

We'll see about that. I figure its about a 260 -300 Watt motor

Motor does fit perfety in frame as mounting holes line up perfectly. Also the provided Align pinions slide right onto the shaft as well.

Thanks for the speedy reply, good luck to you on the build.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:44 AM
My Feedback: (3)

I'm going to run the Align 430l and the 35 amp ESC with 11 tooth gear. Thats what i have on my xl so it should work fine on this one.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:35 PM

Thanks for the reply SmallPlanes,
I think I'll start out with the 11 tooth pinion myself. And yeah, the servos fit fine after all.

I'm know the 450SA will fly so much better than the old and tired Walkera 22E. I did not have much faith in the available tail rotor authority with that machine, but it's been a great intermediate trainer for under $100.00 so no complaints here. You get waht you pay for and I must say, the 450 I just purchased is the 1st Align product I've seen in person. I'm impressed with the quality. Also suprised how big the heli really is. I can't even think of any "Mods" I'd want to do anytime soon, not until I can "Outfly" the available performance it comes with stock.
I plan on taking everybodys advice and re-assembling it myself just to check all fasteners. I already found one loose screw, how many more are waiting for me...???

Best of luck to ya'