Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 help with 6102 and g500t setup >

help with 6102 and g500t setup

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

help with 6102 and g500t setup

Old 10-20-2006, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with 6102 and g500t setup

I need some help setting up my 6102. I do not understand how to set gyro gain and change gyro modes from my transmitter. I am using a JR g500t gyro and HS81 tail servo. Is anyone else using this combination? Thanks.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:33 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts
Default RE: help with 6102 and g500t setup

Not sure how well that servos going to work with that gyro but here goes.

You assign a switch to the channel that the single wire is plugged into. The position of that switch determines the gyro mode. The end point of that channel determines the gain.

If you think of the channel as a rotory knob, when the knob is perfectly centered the gyro is off, the gain is zero. If you turn the knob left you switch it to heading hold mode and start increasing the gain, when the knob reaches full left its 100 percent gain in heading hold mode. Half way between centered and left is 50 percent gain. The number for the end point (i believe this is correct for JR I fly futaba so someone correct me if I'm wrong) goes from 0, full left, to 50 (half way) to 100 (full right) so an end point of 25 would be 50 percent gain with the gain increasing in heading hold mode as you approach zero (full left)

Turn the knob to the right of center and you switch to rate mode and start increasing the gain until you reach full right and thats 100 percent gain, in this case 75 would be 50 percent gain and rate mode. All the end points do is set the two stopping points of your knob each way and control it with a switch.

Not to confuse you but lets say you want left to control rate mode and right to control heading mode, just reverse the channel that your single wire is plugged into.

I'd start out with 50 percent gain in each mode, fly it in heading hold and see if the gyro holds without wagging the tail.

Also with JR gyros you want to set the switch to heading hold, increase the gain to 100 and watch for the servo to drift. If it does slowly use the sub trim on your rudder channel and zero out the drift, it should take less than 10 points of subtrim. Just watch it and change the sub trim, if it speeds up go the other way till the rudder servo will stay put, then drop the gain back down to half and take it flying.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help with 6102 and g500t setup

Here are my set numbers with jr 500t and 6102. This is for a mx400 and Hawk pro. I have the top right switch as on and off. back is on. With a jr radio when you add to the + it increases the gain hold. Most people will tell you these jr gyro are a bit touchy to get set up, but once you figure it out they hold great. Mines rock solid in all moves. Get it set up as close as possible mechanically. They also don't like any vibration. Any vibration will case them to drift.

MX400
Both the radio and gyro switches are reversed.

Travel ADJ screen
Gear
+ 32

Subtrim
Rudd L 2

Hawk Pro

Travel ADJ screen
Gear
+72
Rudd L1

For some reason I can get the + up to 72 on the hawk, I think it's because it's a larger digital servo, large arm, etc.

The key is to keep increasing the gear channel until you get wagging, then back off some.

I hope this helps some.

jjp