Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Tx for 450SE

Old 10-22-2006, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tx for 450SE

Been a 2ch sail plane flyer for awhile, & just graduated from a Walkera 22e. Now I've got a Trex 450SE v2.

Just need a Tx for it. Want to add a pan/tilt cam mount servo activated & need a Tx to grow into. (Not sure how it would be driven via Tx) So what should it be

Jr PCM9x or Futaba 9CHPS.

Im leaning to the Futaba due to its $100 less price tag & its suppose to be easier to program. but I love good engineering. So what do the rest of you say?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:04 AM

Default RE: Tx for 450SE

either one is a great tx. i've heard great things about both. it comes down to budget. they are both very capable tx's and you wont be disappointed with either one.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:07 AM

I have the 7CHP Futaba and love it!
It's for my 450XL CDE TREX among other flying machines..
Old 10-22-2006, 08:52 PM

It's really a personal question. I prefer JR, many prefer Futaba. It's like the Ford vs. Chevy debate here in the US. Both are good, just depends on what you prefer.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: WhtBronco

It's really a personal question. I prefer JR, many prefer Futaba. It's like the Ford vs. Chevy debate here in the US. Both are good, just depends on what you prefer.
I dont have any LHS that sell them so can't really hold them and see them in person. Have to mail order. The Jr looks nicer, but seems like the Futaba is more popular probably due to its slightly lower price.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:32 AM

I've been thinking of a pan/tilt cam on my Trex. Done a little flying with fixed cam onboard already.

I have a Futaba 9C, it has two side levers at fingertip position that would be very handy as pan/tilt controls. Alternativly, there are head trackers available that conect to the TX trainer socket...
Old 10-23-2006, 06:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Karyn

I've been thinking of a pan/tilt cam on my Trex. Done a little flying with fixed cam onboard already.

I have a Futaba 9C, it has two side levers at fingertip position that would be very handy as pan/tilt controls. Alternativly, there are head trackers available that conect to the TX trainer socket...
Good point. The JR PCM9x has the two finger levers as well.

The JR is pretty expensive. Just the Tx with Synth module will cost me $560USD
and in the Futaba camp its going to cost $435USD Tx with Synth module & a 9ch Rx

Then add on a extra $125USD for the JR to have a Rx its pretty expensive.

So whats so special about the JR?

Old 10-23-2006, 12:29 PM

the closest thats not 500 dollars like everyone is syggesting i the spektrum dx6 its a 200 dollar investment but its worthit trust a guy who had lots of gliches and crashes because of the and now i have none but to blame myself for crashes lol,