Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 What is the difference between 450X, 450XL, Hiller, CDE, and SE >

What is the difference between 450X, 450XL, Hiller, CDE, and SE

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

What is the difference between 450X, 450XL, Hiller, CDE, and SE

Old 10-22-2006, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the difference between 450X, 450XL, Hiller, CDE, and SE

Hi, I was thinking of buying a TREX I am trying to understand the difference between a 450X, 450 XL with Hiller, 450 XL with CDE and the 450SE.

I am in the early stages of learning and have been using a Venom Night ranger 3D. I am hovering but found out I can not replace this transmitter with a better transmitter. So I would like to move up to a heli that I can use one of my better trasnmitters with.

Thank you,

Mark
Old 10-22-2006, 05:51 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: What is the difference between 450X, 450XL, Hiller, CDE, and SE

Hmm.... you may be over analyzing this a bit. Do you just want a heli that is fun to fly, you can grow with, and is easy and cheap to repair? Your are on the right track with Trex. The 450X was the original version, the 450Xl is the newer stretched (about 1" longer) version with better plastic parts and some design improvements. You hit the nail on the head about a good TX tho, buy one that you can grow with and has plenty of model memories. If you like helis a used Hitec Optic 6 has all the mixing and some model memories for a decent price. if you're patient, the new DX7 spread spectrum is where id head.

As for the Trex, I would recommend the plastic CDE or HDE version while you are learning, they are cheap and easy to fix. When you crash you can always upgrade to the metal and CF bits as you go along. The SE is all CF and CNC metal and going for in the $450-475 range with motor and ESC. Just make sure you get good servos for any Trex, hitec HS56HB or 65's for cyclic and HS81 or digital for the tail. Gyro is a good Futaba 240 or 401. Get minimum 15C 2100 lipos, something like the Align 16C 2100 work fine and you wont need to buy them twice, a 35A Esc with 5V 3A switching bec, and there you go!
Old 10-22-2006, 07:47 PM

Thank you for the information the two radios I have right now are a JR 8103 and a futaba 6XAs both support helis. I will probably take a look at the DX7 when it comes out.

Mark
Old 10-22-2006, 08:48 PM

I use the 8103 on my T-Rex and Raptor 50, hek all my planes too. Get a JR R770 PCM Rx or 790 PCM Rx for a T-Rex and you'll almost guaranteed have no glitches which is a fairly common issue with the small electric helis.

I have yet to have a glitch with my 8103 and 770 setup.