Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Motor Choice - Thanks >

Motor Choice - Thanks

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Motor Choice - Thanks

Old 10-26-2006, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Choice - Thanks

A while back someone here suggested I look at the JGF 450TH as an option for my T-rex. I put it on my list with a few others and happened to see it go on sale at one of the online sites I like so I bought it even though I wasn't ready to buy the rest of the stuff for a few more weeks at that point. Fast forward to the other day when I finally got to fly with it and I gotta say THANK YOU to whomever suggested that motor.

Lots of power, I didn't have any bogging or slow down of the rotor at all, no matter what I did. It ran right at whatever throttle setting I used regardless of what pitch that might have included. Even going straight from mild rpms and no pitch to high pitch and (with the esc having a slight delay/ramp up to match the throttle increase) higher rpms it was right on top of things and never showed any sign of being under a load. Considering the bargain price and relatively plain appearance, this motor definitely needs to be classified as a sleeper. They advertise it on their site and on the various e-tail sites as ideal for the T-rex with either an 11t or 13t pinion and I have to agree.