Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 LIPO "C" rating for Align 3550KV motor >

LIPO "C" rating for Align 3550KV motor

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

LIPO "C" rating for Align 3550KV motor

Old 10-29-2006, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIPO "C" rating for Align 3550KV motor

I've got a beaten up 11.1v 2200ma 18C battery that came with my nice 2nd hand Trex 450se. It has a Align 430L 3550KV motor (the new model of motor) + 35AMP align ESC. Want to buy a good lipo for it. Can buy a 15C constant off ebay locally kind of cheap (EMAX branded) or can get a self branded lipo from a align distributor locally that can do 20C constant for about $20 more AUD. Bpth are 11.1v 2200ma.

What would be the recommended lowest Constant C rating to get for this motor? Would 15C be the absolute minimum. Also how does two different C values affect flight performance. I guess the higher the C value for constant the more happier the Trex would be to maintain high end head speed but then battery would probably drain faster.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LIPO "C" rating for Align 3550KV motor

15C is the minimum. Yes the higher the C or discharge rating the happier the battery will be. A 15C battery is pushed to it's limits in the T-Rex. My 15C Thunder Power pack is extremely hot after a flight. I do fly it hard though.

Get the best battery you can afford. Personally with li-po batteries I would stay away from off brands. These can be very volitile batteries and quality means a lot when it comes to safety and performance. I use only Thunder Power li-po's. They are consistently high quality packs.