Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Trex 450 HDE ....New >

Trex 450 HDE ....New

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 450 HDE ....New

Old 10-30-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450 HDE ....New

I am new to helis, but not to rc flight. I can fly heli's very well on the G3 Sim. I have been researching good, stable beginner helicopters and helihobby reccomended the trex hde. I would like you guys to give me some feedback on this set up, and let me know if it is good for a newbie. thanks.

Trex 450 HDE With their brushless motor / esc

Futaba 401 Gyro
Futaba 9650 Digital Servo

3 Hs-65 Metal Gear Servo

11.1 Volt Lithium Pack

Dsm Spektrum System

- Please let me know what you would reccomend (if anything different than above) Helihobby says the the brushless motor and esc is good that comes with it and did not reccomend an upgrade.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:36 PM

Default RE: Trex 450 HDE ....New

I have almost the exact same set up from helihobby except I'm using HS-65 on the tail. I went ahead and ordered a 35A esc from them so I'm not using the 25A. Once you have the bird set up, it's a great heli to fly with. Be sure to "tame" the beast by adding more weights on the flybar and reducing the throw on the cyclic first if you're not familiar with helis. I'm a newbie to RC so the ultra sensitive 450XL went vertical when I over corrected. Since you're an experience flyer, it might be a different story though.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:48 PM

Default RE: Trex 450 HDE ....New

I also have the same set up but using a DS285 on the tail. I've had good luck with my JGF450 and CC35 if I did it again I would get the 450SA frame it's only 30 dollars more I think.