Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Trex 450 sa...or not >

Trex 450 sa...or not

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 450 sa...or not

Old 11-01-2006, 08:41 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450 sa...or not

I pretty much had myself sold on the HDE because i am new to the heli side of rc, but the more i look around i think i want the sa. Im not worried about the mechanics in setting it up but am worried that it may be too responsive for a beginner. i was told that the hde had a little more room for error. I also dont like the fact that its already assembled. I fly really well on the sim and was kinda questioning the hde decision because i felt i would be upgrading soon after......so why not buy an eccpm to begin with. I would like to know your thoughts. Here is what i have ordered so far. Will most of the aftermarket "upgrade" parts fit with the Sa? thanks.

Futaba 401 Gyro

Futabe 9650 Digital Servo

3 Hs-65MG Servos

Aluminum Servo Mount for the 9650 Servo

Pitch guage

Blade balancer

---already have batteries and charger.
---already have the DX6 that i will put in this bird.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:52 PM

Default RE: Trex 450 sa...or not

Get the SA. If you are worried about it being to responsive that can be dialed out. You can soften the heli up mechanically or digitally through the radio. The SA will leave you with the upgrading avaliability to the SE model. The eCCPM is more difficult to get dialed than the mCCPM. If you are still worried about it. Shop around for help to walk you through setup. Find someone at your LHS's or at the local club that knows whats going on. Id ask a few ppl as you find bias opinions and honest opinions in the hobby.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:12 PM
My Feedback: (8)

thanks for the reply.....im not that worried about setting it up....but i do want the upgradeable features of the se. I'm guessing at this point that the sa it developed around the se, just doesn't have as many "bling" parts. Ill probably go with the align 3550 motor at first. i think its the 420l.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Faced with the same choice I went with the SE with motor and ESC. After talking with some people they indicated that I was going to want the head upgrades and the blue gear and a bunch of other things. If you add it up the SE makes the most sense particularly when you can get one delivered to your door for $420 (look on ebay).

(Don't worry my local hobby shop is also taking a lot of my money)
Old 11-03-2006, 07:03 PM

Any Trex is extremely responsive.............

Don