Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Align Head lock Gyro RCE-500 any good ? >

Align Head lock Gyro RCE-500 any good ?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Align Head lock Gyro RCE-500 any good ?

Old 11-03-2006, 10:01 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align Head lock Gyro RCE-500 any good ?

Hi guys I just bought a Trex xl ccpm . Im wondering are the Align gyros any good ? I hardly see anyone using them or even talking about them . Also I do have a HS 81 servo new in my stock parts . Are they working out for the tail servo ? I just wonder about the Align items they are very low cost . I would think that if a company like Align. Can make possibly the best little heli out there . Why thier electronics wouldnt be good as well. hope to hear from someone on this.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:14 PM

Default RE: Align Head lock Gyro RCE-500 any good ?

the gyro is adequate.... just don't go backwards too fast

but I use a Futaba 401 gyro... the Hs-81 servo would be just fine, works quite well actually... I use the Footooboo 9650 digi on mine and that is very nice
Old 11-04-2006, 06:49 AM

Thanks for the reply . But why not fast on backing up ? What is too fast ? Im glad to hear that the HS 81 works good on the tail. Hope to hear any others out there with knowledge on these Align electronics . Good or bad.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:51 AM

going fast.....backwards... is the toughest thing on a gyro,,
and many "lesser expensive" gyros seem to have trouble with this....

so... if you are just hovering around a bit, a bit of FF and circuits, with maybe a loop here or there then it will be fine.......any more, and you might want to move up
Old 11-06-2006, 01:20 PM

i have that gyro is kinda pain in the as s to set up in rate thjen to heading hold but after all is trimmed its a good gyro i use it and actually holds the tail good but i would not really recomend it for 3d and stuff like that.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:38 PM

hey thanks for the info I am thinking of using it on my BCP I bought a futaba 401 for the trex.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:20 AM
My Feedback: (4)

I have the align gyro, and it's good for what I do. some FF but no 3-d. You have to pay attention to the directions when setting it up, but then it's quite good. HH works fine, though you have to compensate for drift with trim each time you fly. I have had some pretty fast forward speed going and swung the tail around, and it just slid out backwards.

I've flown a friend's T-rex with the futaba Gyro, and it is super rock solid. No tweaks required. So it's a better gyro, not absolutely necessary tho.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:11 PM

yup that 401 you got on your trex is really good, i got a futuba 240 on mine and the tail is solid the only diference inthe 240 and the 401 is remote gain and digital servo support as they both use the same technoogy just some upgrade to support other stuff.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:58 PM

A better question is how many of you can go 40mph(FF) backwards?, exactly. I got the Align HH gyro which is fine- it works good, It does creep super slowly in HH which isn't a problem and at 100% throttle climbouts you need to add a fair bit of rudder, but for $45 dollars it is dirt cheap for what you get, which is a gyro that does what it is supposed to do.