Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 graphite lube in tail boom for belt? >

graphite lube in tail boom for belt?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

graphite lube in tail boom for belt?

Old 11-05-2006, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default graphite lube in tail boom for belt?

I'm still in the build up of my first Trex. The belt running through the boom seems to be a source of friction. Would some graphite lube be a good idea? I've never seen this discussed and maybe I'm worrying about nothing.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:58 PM

Default RE: graphite lube in tail boom for belt?

Most people are using a straight silicone spray lube on the belt. I found a DuPont product that's a combination of silicone and teflon that I've been using for months with no problems. It's also important to check both pulleys for sharp or rough edges on their teeth.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used CRC Silicone Spray on my T-Rex 600 and 450SE belts. The belt on the 450SE is 4 months old with no sign of wear. I will replace the belt in two months just to be on the safe side. I never go over six months before belts change!!

jet22b
Old 11-12-2006, 04:38 PM

The belt should not touch the boom, if that's what is generating the friction. Verify that the belt pulleys, front and rear, are positioned so that the belt is centered as best as possible. Lubricating the belt extends the life of it, just be sure not to spray it with something that might attach the rubber. I use a silicone/teflon spray made by DuPont. I bought it at AutoZone. Also examine the belt pulleys themselves to make sure there's no sharp teeth. This will greatly shorten the life of the belt.