Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 digital servo and gyro question >

digital servo and gyro question

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

digital servo and gyro question

Old 11-08-2006, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default digital servo and gyro question

So me and my b uddy are buying T-rexs bit by bit each check (radio servos charger mainframe.......). We were thinking about 4 digital servos instead of 3 analog and 1 digital. Some random guy said that digitals weren't recomended for the swash but he couldn't remember why. Is there a reason (other then $$$) why digital servos shouldn't be used on the swashplate.

next my buddy is trying to decide between a jr 500t and a 7000 gyro (cause he's got too much money I guess). Do you think there would be a noticable difference in the performance between these two gyros on a T-rex.

Finally what is the best JR digital micro metal gear servo available?
Old 11-08-2006, 09:46 AM

Default RE: digital servo and gyro question

ORIGINAL: Dynamic

Is there a reason (other then $$$) why digital servos shouldn't be used on the swashplate.

next my buddy is trying to decide between a jr 500t and a 7000 gyro (cause he's got too much money I guess). Do you think there would be a noticable difference in the performance between these two gyros on a T-rex.

Finally what is the best JR digital micro metal gear servo available?
When you crash, and you will. the digital servos will attempt to continue to move, in addition to breaking internal gears you will smoke the circuit board and that Servo goes POOF! Stay with the best quality BB you can get. I use the Airtronics on a Trex 600 and the Futaba 401 Gyro w/ their Digital Servo for tail. It's tried and true. If you have too much money PM me and I can give you and address to relieve you of that problem.

-editor
Old 11-08-2006, 02:45 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts

There's no reason other than cost and current draw not to run digitals, they react the same as any other servo in a crash. In flight they center better and produce torque faster and hold better than analog servos.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:31 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I run Digi's on mine...

JR 281's with metal gears and the Futaba 401 Gyro with the 9650 on the tail.....