Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 I'm confused by all the different 450's >

I'm confused by all the different 450's

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

I'm confused by all the different 450's

Old 11-13-2006, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm confused by all the different 450's

I currently fly a honeybee, and I am going to be getting a trex soon. But, I am confused by all of the different 450 models. Could somebody please explain the difference between the following:
450X
450X(CDE)
450XL(HDE)
450XL(CDE)
450SA
450SE
Thanks!
Ken

Old 11-13-2006, 10:19 PM

Default RE: I'm confused by all the different 450's

Any info at all on the abbreviations would be helpfull! i.e. CDE, HDE.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:43 PM

450x is the older version as well as the x(cde). I don't remember what cde stands for, but it means that the heli has electronic collective and cyclic pitch mixing ccpm. You can google that. It means that all servos are connected to the swashplate and have to be mixed using a computer radio with eccpm or 120 degree servo capability. The non cde version uses mechanical mixing. One servo controls pitch, one controls roll, and the other controls collective. The cde has all of them doing everything. Hde is the mechanically mixed version of the newer t-rex. THe xl is better than the 1st generation. I don';t even know if they still sell the non xl versions. The xls are slightly longer than the non xls. Se is the more expensive blinged out version of the trex. It comes with a carbon fiber fram and eccpm like the cde, but it has fewer linkages between the servo and swashplate, so less play in the links. It has a lot of aluminum parts that make it stronger and better in general, therefore the added cost. THe SA frame is the same as the SE, except that it is made of aluminum. This means it is cheaper than the se. The SA is also ARF which means a lot of it is put together already and you won't have to mess around with it to build it, but a thorough check is recomended as well as threadlock locktite. The SA has a mix of aluminum and nylon in its construction and is slightly more expensive than an xl, but a lot cheaper than the se. It can be upgraded to an se because it is almost the same, just less blinged. The xl (cde) and (hde) are the same heli, just the difference in mechanical mixing and electronic mixing.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:06 PM

Got it!