Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Tail shutter on 401 >

Tail shutter on 401

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Tail shutter on 401

Old 11-16-2006, 10:58 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail shutter on 401

Really new to the HH stuff. Just noticed that after a rudder move, the tail shutters a little back and forth for about 3 seconds before settling back down. Is this something I should try to fix? What is it?

Settup:

SE

GY401 with 9650

Might have the hole to far out on the 9650 because I had to turn the gain on the GY401 full down and then reduce the throw on channel 4 to 50%. But this gives full movement of the slider on the tail.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 11-16-2006, 11:56 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts
Default RE: Tail shutter on 401

Turn the atv's back up to 100/100 on the rudder channel, that isnt the way to adjust throw on the 401.

Use the closest hole you can to the servo spline, you can drill one closer, that helps too. Adjust the throw by adjusting the limit pot on the 401 so you dont get binding in either direction with the servo arm 90 degrees to the linkage.

You want the gain to be somewhere in the mid 30s. The DS set to ON and the delay to 0 on the gyro.

Then hover the helicoper in rate mode (light off) and adjust the length of the linkage so that you dont get any drift (dont touch the rudder trim). When you get no drift in heading hold mode recheck the limit so that there's no binding. You may get less throw one way than the other, thats fine just make sure its not binding.