Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-REX SPINNING!

Old 11-16-2006, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-REX SPINNING!

I have a trex cde 450 and I get it into a nice hover about 4 feet off the ground for about 3 minutes or so and all of the sudden it's starts to slowly spin clockwise and all the rudder input won't stop it..it's starts to spin faster and faster until it meets terra-ferma![&o]
Whats the deal?
I have a futaba 240 gyro and a HT 65 servo on the tail.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:37 PM

Default RE: T-REX SPINNING!

I have same settup. My avcs is off and gain set at 30. make sure gyro is pluged into right port. Mine is on 4 with DX6. You wont be able to adjust gain in radio so bring that to zero. If nothing works then you have a gyro or servo malfuntion and probably needs to be replaced.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:10 PM

Another thing, plastic align tail section needs to be modified ( I call it a defect ).
Check it by taking linkage of tail slider. Move slider to one side and spin blades. Part of slider will hit while spinning. Needs to be filed down until nothing touches in both direction. Then, the links that go to the balls on blade grips(tail) is not separated enough to have smoothness in slider. When sliding with hand you will feel a bubble in the middle. Take link off balls and pull them apart gentally to separate then for better smoothness. Put back on balls and check smoothness.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:46 PM

mmmm i think your servo went bad thats what happened to me it just looked to oine side and stayed there, tru pluging another servo to the gyro and give it a try and see if it works and if you that unlucky your gyro might want to retire.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:46 AM

Make sure that DS is off on the gyro. It stands for Digital Servo and leaving it on would fry any analogue in a few minutes.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:44 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts

Land and touch the servo when it starts drifting, its hot you have your answer.