Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 transmitter/reciever confusion >

transmitter/reciever confusion

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

transmitter/reciever confusion

Old 11-16-2006, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter/reciever confusion

I have a question.
I am getting a Trex, but i am confused by all the TX/RX choices. I can understand that when you buy a TX, most of the time it comes with a matching reciever. But I see that people buy different recievers, not even the same brand as the transmitter that they are using. Where can I learn what I need to know about what works with what, what function I need, etc?
I am not even quite sure what transmitter I am buying yet, I want a good one, but not bust the bank. The DX6 seems to be right, and I like the price.........
I don't know, too many choices!
I understand, there is no confusion on the servos and gyro. 56 or 65's, and 240 or 401.
ESC and motor, still fuzzy on what to get, and how do decide what is good!
Ken
Old 11-16-2006, 07:50 PM

Default RE: transmitter/reciever confusion

If you dont want to worry about glitches and frequency problems and its for trex and or park flyers then dx6 is a good buy. If you have the money and want longer range for other things then dx7 is better. If you prefer 5 piont curves over three then JR or Fatuba are good.

Ive used AirtronicsRD6000 super (awesome radio) but currently using dx6 for trex.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:54 PM

Oh, get pcm radio and reciever not ppm.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:26 AM

What about a futaba 6EXH(PCM), is that a good radio? If I use the 401 gyro, do I need 7 channels, or is 6 fine?
Are the recievers that come with the radios acceptable?
Old 11-17-2006, 01:54 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Generally the receivers that come with the TX's are large and not PCM. Currently there are three basic ways to go:

Spectrum DX6 or DX7 (six channels are enough for a Trex)
Futaba or Hitech (negative shift)
JR or Airtrontics (positive shift)

If you go with the lower two you can select either PPM or PCM for the receiver, and the TX must also support that mode.

A lot of people like the 6EXH(PCM) I have a Futaba 7C and 9C.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:18 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts

Ranger 6 channels with the 401 is the minimum and leaves you no room to expand, if you dont see getting into nitros or something more interesting thats fine but its the bottom of the food chain. It comes with its own special reciever.

The other route you can go is a Futaba 7C or 9C and get the 146iP which is a Futaba PCM micro thats 6 channels and a perfect match for the T-Rex, you can also use that rx with the 6exh but like I said your future options are limited.

It comes down to what you want to spend, get the best your budget allows and you wont be shopping for a new radio in 2 years and selling you old one for less than half what you paid for it.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the info.
I do not see myself getting anything other than the TREX in the future. This is for flying around the backyard, and not for heavy duty 3D. And, NO NITRO!
My HPI Truggy is nirto, I absolutly love it, but nitro is a pain at times. Any one that has a nitro model knows what I mean.
I want a radio system that will be safe and reliable. I have 2 small children, so safety is improtant!