Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Tail rotor driving belt - 450 SE: How often? >

Tail rotor driving belt - 450 SE: How often?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Tail rotor driving belt - 450 SE: How often?

Old 11-18-2006, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail rotor driving belt - 450 SE: How often?

While checking after a mild hard landing (?), I found nothing damaged. But rotor spins erratically, a kind of stop and go as if battery was getting too low. I looked through again and found that the driving belt was derailed off the tail rotor pulley. I fixed but it kept derailing.

So I took the tail boom off and checked the belt. It was almost broken with only a rubber part keeping the belt intact. Finally I replaced with a new belt and everything was okay as normal. I was wondering if my hard landing caused this belt problem or the belt caused my hard landing.

I flew it about an hour all together, just hovering and flying around. No 3D or anything hard maneuvering.

My question is how often do you replace the belt?

I also have to say that replacing eh belt was a bit painful job as the whole tail rotor driving mechanism needed to be disassembled and reassembled..

Anyway, Have a nice weekend...
Old 11-18-2006, 08:31 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts
Default RE: Tail rotor driving belt - 450 SE: How often?

I averaged about 6 flights per belt till I realized I was running it too tight, I backed off the tension and the last one lasted till I sold it.