Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 a typical crash on a SE >

a typical crash on a SE

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

a typical crash on a SE

Old 11-18-2006, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a typical crash on a SE

well, here it is, a 14 yo blade cp owner wanting a trex SE. so, i'm currently doing loops and rolls with my blade and i assume that i can do the same with a decent trex with decent electronics/gyro/setup. before i get it though, i've gotta know about how much will i be ditching out after every crash.
oh a typical crash doing mild 3D, which parts are definitely going to break? which parts are likely going to break? and which parts are not as commonly broken but will still be likely to break?
i talked with my lhs and they have 2 solutions for me.
1)
new trex SE with gy401 and s9650, align 2200mah 15C cont. align charger, swapping out 3 S3103 for 3HS65MG.
$900CAD
2)
used trex SE (by lhs owner) (in VERY good shape, claim to only have hovered a few times), JRgyro 410 with a decent futaba tail servo (forgot with one), align charger, align batt. and 3 JR DS285/281 (forgot also). for $900 CAD

so wat parts would i likely to break after a crash and which deal would you recommend?
Old 11-18-2006, 09:06 PM

Default RE: a typical crash on a SE

Depends on how hard it goes in, but I'll tell you this... I took out my wood blades on a metal suport pole in my basement and all I replaced was the flybar. I checked everything else and it was all straight. The blade was sheared in half, the other one was crushed. I don't 3D yet, so I can't help there, but parts are definately more durable than you're used to on the CP.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:48 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I just had my first crash, hit the tail pretty hard, bent the boom, broke the tail arm, shattered a blade and a paddle. $50.00 bucks later it is back together. So I would say the repairs are similar to what you have been experiencing on the Blade. For a chopper that is 5 times more money, that is good news.

Larry
Old 11-18-2006, 11:31 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been researching ses' and found one with servos and futaba 401 gyro for $475 US. You can get the bat for not much more. I can't remember what the canadian exch rate is now, but make sure you are not paying too much. Crashes are going to vary depending on how bad you trash it. You can usually count on blades, maybe a mast, fly bar, tail tube and sometimes gears. Other times you will get some of the control links. It just depends on what happens. A tip over can cost a small fortune if it hits just wrong. Its all part of the fun eh.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:37 AM

On my SE I seem to only be breaking landing gears & bending main shafts, ripping teeth on tail bents, cracking main gears & finally breaking blades. Its a pretty tough machine, so make sure you got a few of the parts I've mentioned. Thats with non 3d flying though.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:17 AM

so non of you has every broken any metal head parts? ie. (a pair of blade grips that costs 30~40bux)? main shafts are pretty cheap, and so are tailbooms, it's the metal parts i'm worried about, blades are similar to that of the blade. flyboy, i think the price is ok, if you go online and buy everything new, then the price will probably be higher than 900CAD, exchange rate about 0.88:1. all i've gotta do is tell him the online price if it is lower, and then they'll give me that price. they'll gimme a new SE for 530CAD, you can't get that anywhere. yes, i know what you mean that a small tip over would worth a small fortune. and how do the JR410 compair to a futaba gy401?
Old 11-19-2006, 01:34 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't gotten the new SE with metal parts yet, but the metal parts on my big helis are not bad. They don't break as easy as the plastic ones. I am going to order an SE next week. The regular blade holders break fairly easy. I know the metal ones wouldn't have broken in a simple tip over. I was pretty impressed with the way this little heli flies. All the crap I talked about junk electrics, they did this one right.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:46 PM

well, another question, so what i can do on the blade, i can definitely do it on the rex right?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: chopperdudes

well, another question, so what i can do on the blade, i can definitely do it on the rex right?

Please... the SE will eat a fully modded Blade alive. Not even on the same playing field. More stable than most .30 size gassers.

Can your blade do this out of the box? [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOy8c7KSuO0&mode=related&search=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOy8c7KSuO0&mode=related&search=[/link]
Old 11-21-2006, 08:27 PM

hey chopperdudes

were you at the hobby show? in the ********* demo area? with the tamiya frog i think with the heli blades on it? [8D]
Old 11-21-2006, 09:04 PM

It's hard to believe this machine has that much potential. I have so much to learn (referring to last video post)...
Old 11-22-2006, 05:21 PM

no i wasn't at the hobby show, i didn't know about it, where was it anyways?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:29 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Get the Futaba 401 gyro. It is much better. It has remote gain and end point settings the JR 410 is just a basic heading hold gyro.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:03 PM

it was at the international center. november 3 4 5. was sick!