Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

My New T-Rex

Old 11-23-2006, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New T-Rex

I just got my new T-Rex and am excited to get started with it. My experience is with the Blade CP Pro and have become proficient with hovering tail-in, but not much more than that. Do any of you experienced T-Rex pilots have any pointers you can share as I progress to this next step?

I am going to take the model to an experienced T-Rex pilot and builder to give it a checkup before I fire it up, but I would like to know exactly what I've got here. The seller was somewhat vague on the equipment. I believe the motor is an Aon, but I don't know what type speed controller I've got, nor how to program it. Can someone please take a look at the following link and pictures to see if you might be able to identify the speed control?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260043563712

I have bought a Futaba S9650 servo for the rudder control. Where and what do I need to mount the 9650 servo? I doesn't appear it will fit on the stock servo mount?

Happy Thanksgiving
Daddyrabbit54
Old 11-23-2006, 11:21 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: My New T-Rex

To mount the 9650 I cut off the top tabs and used the side tabs to mount it on the blue aluminum 9 shaped clamps. One screw on each side.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:38 AM

E-Flite 40 amp esc.....looks like an aon motor....i cant remember 100% which uses that heatsink.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:07 AM

Mike,

Thanks for identifying the esc as the 40 amp E-Flite. Do you happen to know where I might be able to find a set of programming instructions for it?

Daddyrabbit54
Old 11-24-2006, 10:31 PM

http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...rushlessV2.pdf (manual for ESC)
Old 11-25-2006, 06:41 PM

Thanks to all who replied. An expert at the local hobby shop tweaked all the linkages, blade pitch, and programmed my transmitter. This machine is awesome. What a difference between the T-Rex and what I had been flying - it's like night and day. Very, very, smooth and stable, with loads of power.

Daddyrabbit54
Old 12-18-2006, 06:45 PM

Friends,completed building a TREX 450SA but havig trouble seting up DX6 TX.Im stil new to understanding pitch curve and throttle curve.If somebody can send me some suggested settings it would help alot.Kee52