Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Scale Fuselage

Old 11-25-2006, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale Fuselage

I wanna start working on a scale fuselage for my new t-rex450xl. I was wondering how many people have done this (any pics). What type or body did you use, (clear plastic, lexan, or polystrene).
Old 11-26-2006, 10:18 PM

Default RE: Scale Fuselage

Try a google or yahoo image and word search for Darthdrk
Old 11-27-2006, 05:36 PM

http://darthdrk.4t.com/cgi-bin/i/images/pdr_1483b.jpg is this the wolf you speak of. And do you have any picture of the AH-64 Apache
Old 11-27-2006, 10:42 PM

Thats the airwolf
Old 11-27-2006, 11:04 PM

ne1 try the fuses at helidirect? They look good

http://www.helidirect.com./
Old 11-28-2006, 03:11 AM

[link=http://www.jet-hobbies.com/]Jet-Hobbies[/link] sells the Blackshark fuselage.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63651.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	568052  
Old 11-28-2006, 09:42 AM

See there lays the problem. So many companies saying their is the best. They all look the same to me but different prices. I see a lot of people talking about darthdrk. So I am looking at some of his stuff. Plus he has a nice web page showing of to put them together.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Darth's 500E fuselage on my XL and it is one sweet looking heli. I don't know how to post pics here so If you go to RR scale forum there is my post (slider46) that has pics of it finished and flying in my yard.... I would recommend a longer style body like the bell 222, airwolf or jet ranger for the XL style mechanics. I had to go to a 65mm long battery pack to get it to fit in the body and it's really tight but will work if that is the way you want to go.... Here is a link to my RR post.... http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t297199p1/
Old 11-28-2006, 08:10 PM

Hey thanks everyone. I am gonna go with the darthdrk airwolf. Hey darthdrk I like the Apache but what does special order mean.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: supaman2u

Hey thanks everyone. I am gonna go with the darthdrk airwolf. Hey darthdrk I like the Apache but what does special order mean.
Special order means: Not available through dealers. Its reserved for the more complex kits which the Apache definitelfy falls into this catagory. Its still relatively new and there is a handfull out there. The apache has alot of parts and will require the builder to have some pretty decent modeling skills. It does require a elevated tail which there is no known manufactured one which means the individual will have to make one themselves.
As far as the airwolf, its pretty easy and there is a diagram include in the kit to fab some easy retracts. My next Airwolf I build Im going to do a how to so that people can see how to build the fuselage so that the rear section is actually kept as two seperate halves to make installing the retracts a breeze. On my site there is a short pic tutorial on how to make a detachable nose section. If you look closely at the kit when you recieve it it should have a faint line molded in the fuselage to show where you need to make the seperation. Then its a matter of gluing on a screw flange to the main body. Its pretty simple and easy.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:57 PM

Thanks for all the input.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:31 PM

Appearantly there's a guy HubDave? who makes/used to make these..

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/g...bomination.jpg

I saw another one just the other day as well and can't find it for the life of me!!! ARRRR....

It was a carbon fiber deal similar to the picture, but it seems like maybe it was smaller. I found it when I was looking for more information regarding scaling my T-Rex. I'm going to get the Huey body for mine, and would have like to find an elevated tail for myself. If not, making one is a bit scary. I'd love to find one made of aluminum. The carbon just kinda scares me... don't know why.

Maybe we can get HubDave to post his plans on here, and we can cut it out of whatever we like, or modify it to our own liking : )??
Old 11-29-2006, 09:24 AM

Here is a link to a guy Super Hornet that made his own elevated tail for the trex and built a Huey from the model kit to fly on it. He also makes his own multi blade flybarless heads which is really cool too... He posted videos and pics of his work thru this thread...
http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t300912p1/
Old 12-02-2006, 11:28 PM

Hey darthdrk;

The fuses on your web site look just like the ones at helidirect. Are they the same or copies? What is better strem or pteg? thanks for the input. I have a TREX.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:05 PM

I checked out helidirect site and those are the darthdrk fuselage's. I like the petg so I can paint the inside like the r/c car bodies, but for multi color paint scheme it would be easier to use the styrene (white) body and tape off the outside... My next body will be styrene either a jet ranger or huey is going to be next for my trex...