Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 new move----disappearing heli. >

new move----disappearing heli.

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

new move----disappearing heli.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new move----disappearing heli.

well today i crashed for the first time. it was only my 8th flight. not so good. i do feel better now that i got it out of my system. good news is i only lost a set o carbon blades and a set of fly paddles and a set of tail rotors. not to bad i'd say. i crashed because i lost sight of the heli. i dont recomend that manuveur. i'll call that the disappearing heli trick.i thought i'd be cool and fly it around the front of my house while i stand off to the side and everything was going good but when i turned it around the wind caught it just a bump and in tight quarters i had to lift up over garage roof and then the wind really took it and just for a second i lost sight and i put throttle at neatral and then the dread crach and then the pieces fell off the metal roof. i was bummed but oh well. well thats my story.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:50 PM

Default RE: new move----disappearing heli.

I'm basically new as well, and I'd like to offer some advice and make a prediction. The prediction is that you probably broke something else and do not yet realize it. If you broke all blades and paddles and that's it, consider yourself lucky.

Advice:

1.) If you KNOW you are about to crash, hit the throttle hold switch and pray for the best.
2.) Take apart your heli's head and check the main shaft and feathering shaft to make sure they aren't bent. (roll them on a flat surface)
3.) Eyeball EVERY other part of the heli for fractures or bent parts.
4.) Check each servo to make sure no gears are stripped.

This will save you trouble in the long run. I had a aileron bellcrank (HDE) break off in my hand while making adjustments. A few days prior I had just reassembled it after a bad crash. Turns out the crack in the arm was a bit dirty on one edge, telling me it was there for a while and was lying in wait to fail. I was lucky this happened on the workbench rather than in the air.

Now if you could pull a $100 bill out of your hat, you'd really have an act.

Good luck, welcome to the club.

My first bad crash:

- tail blades
- tail boom
- tail case
- tail servo mounts
- tail servo gears
- rotor head
- see-saw
- fly-bar mixer arms
- anti-rotaion bracket
- horizontal stablizer
- (and later, one aileron bellcrank)

It was at this point I punted and went with a new motor and gyro, and several spiffy aluminum parts to stablize my heli and make it less prone to broken parts.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:51 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: new move----disappearing heli.

I don't even bother checking main & feathering shafts for straightness. If I have to change the blades I change both shafts. They're cheap!