Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Need help plz.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:11 PM
adr_ian64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help plz.

Hey, What size motors do the t-rex/ mx-400 take? I got a himax 5300kv motor that I had in my hornet(dont know what size 370 or something). Do they take the same motors or do i need to get a bigger one??
Old 12-06-2006, 10:29 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need help plz.

I would go with the stock motor for the T-Rex. It has a lower KV. And it is cheap.
Vince
Old 12-06-2006, 11:24 PM
adr_ian64

but would it work?? I'd rather spend the extra cash on a better gyro than motor if the one i have will work.

thanks for the help
Old 12-07-2006, 12:10 AM
klamathpro

That's an overkill on the RPM but I guess it would work, just be sure to have a good enough ESC to support it, even if you are not running at full power.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:03 AM
slider46

Why would you use that motor when one is in the box with the new SE or SA. The few dollars you saved on a motor will require you to spend 3 times as much on an ESC to handle it... Unless you are a hard 3D pilot the stock align motor and ESC combo will serve you well..... Sell That motor and by your gyro with it....
Old 12-07-2006, 06:07 PM
adr_ian64

I found out that my motor is a Himax Brushless HA2025 5300 with a 40 amp speed control. If i could use this then I'd just buy a kit but if theres something wrong with this setup then I'll get the stock motor. What is the difference between my motor and the stock brushless one? the kv on my motor is overkill for sure but i just wont throttle it up all the way..

secondly here are my choices, keeping in mind I need a gyro(240 will be ok right?) and would like to use my motor if i can

T-REX 450XL Elec Heli Kit CDE $189.99 CAD

T-REX 450XL Elec Heli Kit HDE $189.99 CAD

T-REX 450X HDE w/Motor/25A $239.99 CAD

T-REX 450X CDE w/Motor/25A $239.99 CAD

T-REX 450SA ARF Electric Heli $224.99 CAD

Whats the difference between the CDE and HDE, and the XL, X and SA??.

If you need to know my experience, I can hover tail in and some side in. I am heading towards some mild 3D so I'd like a heli capable of it. radio is a Optic 6, electron 6 hs 55's(need stronger servos??), lipo...bla bla...

if there is a website with this info on it, just post the link

Thanks for all the help so far guys!!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Jellyson

Get one of the TRex kits with the included motor and ESC. Then when you find out that the Himax is too "hot" you will have the right motor to install.
The MX400Pro comes with a 2580 kv motor and a 25 amp esc. Mine weighs over 760 grams with the TRex mods and light system, 335 mm TRex blades and a 2250 mAh LiPo, and the 2580 motor in this helicopter is frighteningly powerful as far as I am concerned.
When I install the camera mount I will go to the Align motor that is stock in the TRex SE.
I can't imagine what your 5300 kv motor might be good for. A 600-class electric?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:42 AM
slider46

Don't waste your money on the x model it is almost a dead horse, IT's old and out dated and you will have a hard time selling it, The XL is a good flying heli (I have one) but it is all plastic head tail and frame. It comes as the cde for 120* eccpm mixing and the HDE version for mechanical mixing. The SE is the top of the line (I have one of these also) and is all CF frame with aluminum head, tail a total bling machine...
The SA version is the newest addition to the trex line it offers the aluminum frame with plastic head with some metal parts and tail for around 165. with no motor and esc or 265 with the motor and esc . This is going to be the replacement in the market for the XL and X models... There is also an S version that is new and it is either aluminum or CF frame with some metal parts..
For the money and best value in my opinion if you can't afford the SE, is the SA, It is the best of everything and you can upgrade the plastic with metal as you crash it....
I hope this clears up the model confusion,
Tom