Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

causes of wobbling oscillation?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

causes of wobbling oscillation?

Old 12-11-2006, 06:41 PM
ILoveAerobatics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default causes of wobbling oscillation?

Hello all,

I just got back from an "interesting" flight on my 3DX. The heli gets in a wobbling oscillation that reminds me of a toy top that's off balance. (I flew around for a few seconds before I convinced myself not to be so stupid) Does anyone know what can cause this problem? In the past, this heli has flown very smoothly, though it could get upset and into this oscillation if it was disturbed by an outside force that seems to get it moving (doing touch and goes, for instance). I am using wood blades, and they spin at about 2100 rpm in a hover. Is this high enough? It is possible that the main shaft is VERY slightly bent, though I'm having a hard time telling visually even when I slowly turn the rotor. The blades flap on the spindle relatively freely, though they don't bounce back and forth if I tap the paddles like I've seen in other setups. Any other ideas in general? As I said before, I've seen this heli get into those oscillations before, when I KNEW the shaft was straight, but not as bad as it was today.

Thanks!

-Lyle

3DX400 CNC
450TH
Align 35A
JR PCM w/ Deans ant