Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

trex setup?

Old 12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
chopperdudes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trex setup?

hey everyone, i longed for a trex se after mastering the blade cp.
i just might make up my mind to get it for myself for x'mas.
so here's the question, will the motor and esc that came with the SE kit be good enough for 3d? if not, what should i get? also, i'd like to ask what kinda blades should i use, possibly with HS near or over 3k? all i know is that there are 2 sets of blades that comes with the kit, will those be alright? or should i go with maybe cf blades or better? i'm already trying to invert hover my blade right now, so my guess is that with the rex, i'd advance much faster. and my goal is 3D. and yes, i'm getting the 401 with s9650 tail and 3 HS 65 MG for cyclic.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:52 AM
Dynamic

Default RE: trex setup?

The black blades that come with the SE are short, throw them out (or keep them incase of a blade shortage...last resort). The white wooders are good, there 325 instead of 315's use them. Keep buying 325 wooders till you stop breaking blades, then spend $50 and get the carbons.

Look at the span of the blades on the trex compared to the blade. Now consider that the SE has about twice the headspeed of the blade. The SE has WAY more lift, yes you can 3D and the first time you fly you will probably scare yourself. I got an SE with 65MG's a 3400G, a 500T gyro, and a DX7 for about $1500 CDN add batteries and a charger, expect around 2k. Keep the blade too. Its a good stepping stone. Learn on sim, learn on blade, master on T-rex. Crashing a t-rex SE will make you sad cause its so nice.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:04 PM
chopperdudes

Default RE: trex setup?

so wat kinda motor should i get? esc? stock ones ok? i'm only getting one batt i guess, short on cash... wat kinda C rating should i get if i get a 2100? should i get tp batts? i already have a futaba 7c, and 3 new s3103 that my lhs will trade with hs65's if i add 30 more bux. they told me that they'll do the whole package for 900bux CAD, i go there alot... here's the deal:
trex SE,
s9650 gy401,
3x HS65 MG for 3xs3103
align batt 2200mah 15C cont. 20C burst.
align chager.

but then i read somewhere and realized that set up on a trex is way more important than on the blade and that the blades that come with the box sux. what should i change from the above deal? i'm willing to shell out another 100 bux or 200.

also, i'm running cf blades on my blade right now, and really like it over the woodies, i fly over grass (local soccer field) all the time and almost never fly over concrete, have never broke a pair of cf blades on my blade, should i expect to break cf blades on crashes in grass with the SE? because of higher HS? i'm really lacking power on my blade, i dun wanna go bl because of the fp tail. i think i'll like the extra power from the trex.
should i expect to be able to stationary roll the trex if i can do it on the blade? i might learn to go inverted on the blade first. also, i dun have a sim, i just turned 15 and dun have alot of cash just from delivering the newspaper.