Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 DX7 how to save settings? >

DX7 how to save settings?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

DX7 how to save settings?

Old 12-15-2006, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 how to save settings?

So I got my DX7 today. Started programming it. Got my swash all set up the way I wanted it. Turn radio off settings gone. How do I save my settings for my model. I have been reading and I think I saw something about having to rebind with the reciever in order to save settings. Is this how its done. I've been through all the menus and see no save feature. The manual didn't exactly clear this up for me either. Maybe its cause my batt kept dying, I dunno

DO YOU?
Old 12-16-2006, 05:25 AM

Default RE: DX7 how to save settings?

I'll have to wait until I get my DX-7 but, you should not have to do anything special to save the settings. When you change a setting it should stay changed as far as I know. That is how all the Tx's I have used worked. If your Tx battery was low and needed charging that may be the problem. Try again with a charged batt and see if it works.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:56 PM

it saves it automatically when you change any settings.when you make a adjustment it leaves it in the last spot you adjusted to.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:00 AM

I discovered that today. I was being impatient and played with it before charging and my batter kept dying...I suspect that was the problem....now it works properlly.

Is it safe for me to keep my tx plugged in all the time when not in use or not?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:50 PM

Is it safe for me to keep my tx plugged in all the time when not in use or not?
well im getting a DX7 for Xmas, but i have a DX6 and i charge mine overnight and it is usually good for about 5 flights. idk about the dx7 i hope it lasts longer than the dx6. but i would charge overnight and then again once you see the voltage drop into the mid 9's charge again.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:05 AM

There is supposed to be a little lithium battery in there that keeps the memory alive even when the main battery is dead or removed, good for 5 years, at least that's how the DX6 is supposed to work, and I know mine remembers the settings when I take the main battery out.
I'm surprised that the settings went away just because the main battery was low. Maybe they didn't store properly, instead of vanishing, a subtle difference but an important one.
In any case, it's a computer, back it up. I use a form that I printed out from a spreadsheet, and just scroll thru all the settings and write them down. Takes, what a minute per model.