Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 NEED HELP !!! LOOKING AT GETTING A T-REX WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS >

NEED HELP !!! LOOKING AT GETTING A T-REX WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

NEED HELP !!! LOOKING AT GETTING A T-REX WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS

Old 12-22-2006, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP !!! LOOKING AT GETTING A T-REX WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS

I have a blade cx and looking at getting a t-rex would this be a good kit to start with. It comes with the awesome Spectrum DX6 radio/rcvr combo and the great flying T-Rex 450X. Included electronics are (3) Hitec HS-55 servos, (1) Hitec HS-50 tail servo, Align Heading Hold gyro, Align 430LG brushless motor, and Align 25 Amp ESC with BEC. You also get a 20C 2100mah LiPo battery and charger with all connectors, Mavrikk Micro pitch gauge, Mavrikk Ball Link pliers and the outstanding Mavrikk Ball Link Sizing tool. This is a complete RTB (ready to build) combo with all the parts and tools to get you in the air quickly. $529.99
Old 12-22-2006, 11:59 AM

Default RE: NEED HELP !!! LOOKING AT GETTING A T-REX WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS

What are you thinking about. Get infected and live. There is no question that is a good package so be Santa and enjoy a great new year
Old 12-22-2006, 01:21 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: NEED HELP !!! LOOKING AT GETTING A T-REX WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS

That does look like a great price. See if they will let you upgrade the servos to HS-65HG's, you will probably be happier.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:42 PM

Not to burst yer bubble, but the DX6 is marginal for use w/ a heli, the HS-55's and 50 blow goat on a T-Rex and the Align gyro is OK. Seriously, look around and you can find a better deal than that pretty easily. Check out places like Modefo's, GrandRC, Northeast Sailplane Products, RC Hover etc. They all offer fantastic T-Rex packages that are better equipped and nicely priced.
j
Old 12-22-2006, 03:32 PM

Not to burst yer bubble, but the DX6 is marginal for use w/ a heli, the HS-55's and 50 blow goat on a T-Rex and the Align gyro is OK. Seriously, look around and you can find a better deal than that pretty easily. Check out places like Modefo's, GrandRC, Northeast Sailplane Products, RC Hover etc. They all offer fantastic T-Rex packages that are better equipped and nicely priced.
i agree with StrangeRanger for somethings but not all. yes the servos are crap, definetly go with the HS-65MG's they are the best, for the tail get a Futaba S9650 and 401 gyro. get the 35A align ESC its much better than the 25A. the tools are all good, but here is where i dont agree. with this setup you wont go wrong, or spend more money upgradeing to this afterwards.

the dx6 is very good for a first time t-rex pilot, most people argue that its not sufficient enough because it dosnt have 5-point throttle and pitch curves but yet most people who do have the 5-point pitch and throttle curve run something like 0,25,50,75,100 which is just a strait line. you can do the same with 3-point curves, so i dont know what people are complaining about. also the spektrum system running on 2.4ghz is EXTREMELY secure, you wont have any glitching or have to worry about someone else on the same chanel as you, i have one and love it. so either go with this radio or the newer DX7 which has the 5-point curves but cost about 150 more. i have this too but have yet to fly with it.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:39 PM

So are you all trying to tell me for $525 this isnt a good kit. Like i said in the post i am going from a blade cx to some thing like the combo I listed. All i really want right now is something that will last and I can work my way up to learning a little 3D with. I look at some of the part you told me to get, it put's my kit to around $700. I know the things in the combo arent not the best but i can upgrade when i start getting a little better.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:15 PM

I know the things in the combo arent not the best but i can upgrade when i start getting a little better.
yea you could but i wouldnt recomend it. buying crappy parts will lead to a heli that dosent fly like it should. you'll end up chasing the heli around rather than flying it. crappy gear will make learning even more expensive and harder. crappy servos and gyro can really effect the performance. the setup that i said before can take you from your first hover to all out 3D. its better to wait a while and pay a little extra now than buy crap and have to replace it when you crash. IMO wait a while and save some more and buy good quality stuff, you wont be disappointed.