Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 any one have 450sa-dx7 setup >

any one have 450sa-dx7 setup

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

any one have 450sa-dx7 setup

Old 12-29-2006, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one have 450sa-dx7 setup

i have a 450sa coming in the next few days. just got the dx7 and have been flying my cx2 on it. i think the build will go good because of finless video's but really need help on the setup for a newbie on the dx7...john
Old 12-29-2006, 07:43 PM

Default RE: any one have 450sa-dx7 setup

the dx7 is very simple to use. i even figured it out. im not very experienced with radios.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:59 PM

hey...the dog....are you flying a trex with it. if so please elaborate...john
Old 12-30-2006, 02:00 AM

yeah i am flying a trex and a raptor 50. i flew the raptor for the first time today. you can use up to 20 different aircraft with the dx7. 1 is the trex and 2 is the raptor. what specific questions do you have? did you see the link on how to set up the trex with the spektrum dx6?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:03 AM

I have the DX7 with the T-Rex also. Works great!
Old 12-30-2006, 10:16 AM

what I am looking for is the setup. pitch and throttle curves etc .I an building a 450sa and have a cx2 that i put in the dx7, but that is a simple airplane setup.I am a newbie to the trex and would like to get some ones setup that is flying a trex on a dx7. If I could find the setup for a dx6-trex are those setting the same?....john
Old 12-30-2006, 01:54 PM

ok. i only setup the normal flight mode on the dx7. i used a -2 to a +9 for the pitch curve. it is a pretty safe curve for a beginner like me.
at position low stick on the normal flight mode screen it is at 21.5 %. or about -2 on the pitch gauge itself.

at pos 2 it is at 42.5%.
pos 3 or mid stick it is at 80.5%.
at pos 4 it is at 91.5%.
pos 5 or high stick it is at100 of course.

now i havent messed with the throttle curve yet cause it actually flies really good here but the head speed it sorta slow. your supposed to match the throttle curve with the ptich curve though.
you'l probably have to go and reverse servos when you turn it on for the first time. super easy to do.
i set the throttle hold switch up on the top right where your supposed to. i have it set now for 6 degrees on the rudder dr label. youll see that when you go into the throttle hold menu.
i would set that up right away so you dont lose your heli ar accidetly turn it on like i did.
now this is all just what i did. i cant say its right but it has worked for me. good luck.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:32 PM

thanks so much..I really appreciate the info....john
Old 01-02-2007, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: the dog

i have it set now for 6 degrees on the rudder dr label. youll see that when you go into the throttle hold menu.
i would set that up right away so you dont lose your heli ar accidetly turn it on like i did.
now this is all just what i did. i cant say its right but it has worked for me. good luck.

the dog, what is 6 degrees on the rudder dr label? Can you explain what that has to do with throttle hold? Or did you mean the throttle hold switch on the right of the radio? Help out a newb.