Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 My understandings of PLN - DX6 >

My understandings of PLN - DX6

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

My understandings of PLN - DX6

Old 12-29-2006, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My understandings of PLN - DX6

My understandings of PLN P2N PHN for the Spektrum DX6 Transmitter:

I have read a number of articles on what is a good starting reference for the setup and throttle for my TREX 450X CCPM

Let me begin by saying a big thanks to Sean Smith for the fantastic PDF document. http://www.digimemphoto.com/guides/backguide.htm

So PLN is in proportion to the low stick throttle and pitch angle, in the pdf it says to set it
PLN = 35%
P2N = 50%
PHN = 100%
This will give the blades negative pitch at low stick and Zero pitch at 50% throttle and since I don’t know exactly what pitch 100% of PHN

I have also read for beginners while still in hovering mode is to set the PLN to 48% - Am I correct in saying that the 48% value will give very low negative pitch at low throttle – this will stop the heli from slamming in to the ground when coming off throttle.

Cheers.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:34 PM

Default RE: My understandings of PLN - DX6

If you're new to flying and just learning to hover then I suggest a set up of 40 / 50 / 80. This set up will give you more stick movement and less pitch up and down. This will make the helicopter not have such drastic elevation corrections. When first learning you will make very large up and down movements and could cause yourself to get nervous and loose reference. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:36 PM

Yea fairly new to flying - DF4 then a 36 (what a waste of time the 36 was) - I'll try out the 40 50 80 and give it a go.
Thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 12:19 PM

On the TRex you need to determine the physical pitch travel limits of the head, then use that as 100 percent, then figure the "degrees per percentage" value. Say 4 paercent per degree or something like that. The DX6 curve menus are out of 100 percent. So 100 percent in the menu would be 25 degrees at the head, for example.
So you can translate from percentages in the DX6 menu to degrees of pitch travel at the head.

(edited to remove reference to the wrong darn helicopter.)