Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Servo Wire Setup 450 SA >

Servo Wire Setup 450 SA

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Servo Wire Setup 450 SA

Old 12-31-2006, 10:06 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Servo Wire Setup 450 SA

I have looked but haven't found any good pictures of running the servo wires to the receiver on the SE/SA T-Rex. I am using 65MG and a JR700 receiver. I noticed that the leads may not be long enough and I don't want to run them through the heli to stay out of the way of the mechincal moving parts. Does anyone have any pictures they can post of the following setup?

T-REX 450 SE/SA-ARF
JR700 receiver
Hitec 65MG or Karbinite servos

I am a NOOB to heli's and I would like to set this one up correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been to Helifreak.com and the video that Finless has posted shows Futaba which has the servo slots on the receiver up top.

Thanks in advance and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

DD
Old 01-01-2007, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo Wire Setup 450 SA

DrD,
I'm still in the process of "assembling" my SA. I did get all the electronics in, just waiting on the motor and esc. I'm using the Spektrum AR6000 receiver, I'm not familiar with the JR so I don't know if this helps. I ran the pitch and aileron down the inside of the right main frame and out the right rear servo hole. I was then able to thread the servo leads, along with the elevator lead between the inner and outer frames on the right side. I had to mount the gyro on top of the boom as I did not want to run a servo extension on teh tail servo. Hope this helps a bit. I was able to (after numerous tries) anchor the leads around the mainshaft with zip-ties. It looks pretty clean thus far
Old 01-01-2007, 12:04 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Do you have any pictures? I am trying to make sure that mine are clean and clear of any moving parts. I have been reading about putting the gyro on top of the boom both pros and cons. There seems to be a lot of videos on Helifreaks.com. Man, too much information to digest . Planes are sooooo much easier.

DD
Old 01-01-2007, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These things are the toughest R/C's I've dealt with. I'll try to get a pic or two up later