Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Trex 450 or HDX 450? >

Trex 450 or HDX 450?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex 450 or HDX 450?

Old 01-03-2007, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450 or HDX 450?

Looking at 450's and saw an HDX450 on heli direct. . . came with everything but reciever!!!!! and was less then trex se. . . also all almuninum parts

is this an ok bird. . . are they interchangeable with trex. . . would this be a mistake?

thanks guys
Old 01-09-2007, 03:20 PM

Default RE: Trex 450 or HDX 450?

Uncle sir,
Well... From what I know of the HDX450, the frame is awsome and pretty tough. It's not CF it's a G10 or something like that. AKA black fibreglass. Aside from the frame I've heard a lot of people complaining about the metal parts in that it's a different alloy than the Align stuff and is prone to cracking when crashed. As far as I know most of it's parts a interchangeable with the trex. I've heard about problems with the tail boom being slightly smaller though.
One thing you might consider is a CopterX. Check out Ehirobo and look up the CopterX SE. It's basically a 450SE clone. Looks nice and it's half the price of the align. It's 100% compatable with the trex and way cheaper. Try ebay also, tons of CopterX parts. As far as the Alloy???? Well, I'm running their complete metel head and tail and haven't had any problems. But I haven't crashed it yet either.... YET. It will happen..... And when it does.... if I kill my old plasitic xl frame.... I'm getting the the hdx frame.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:24 PM

Copterx is a trex clone i have seen. Not much info out there about it yet but looks interesting. If they were selling them at $200 i would jump on it for a review.
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=173_174
Old 01-19-2008, 10:25 PM

OK...i've been everywhere trying to get info on these 450 helis. i am probably going with align. It looks like you need to spend $1000 for very nicely setup trex 450SE v2. I'm reading alot about the copterx too. copterx looks like just as good a heli frame and system if you keep the electronics the same. however, i have yet to understand the where everyone thinks its so much cheaper. i priced a nice trex from helidirect with specs below...it would $908 to my door and I have a charger. the copterx would be about the same after all said and done. on top of that, copterx/ehirobo shipping is questionable. you could get one on ebay for $220 to your door...in about a month. helidirect gets me most stuff in a day or two. i priced out everything and there is no contest. what am i missing here. i would love to save a few bucks, but to take a gamble over a hundred dollar difference makes no sense. if you go copterx with their cheapo electronics...then it makes more sense. but if you do that, buy a smaller and better heli and forget playing with 450's. I'm definitely green in this hobby...but i'm an expert in researching stuff and I'm looking for someone to point out my mistake/misunderstanding or whatever you wanna call it.
thanks
quattro

Align T-REX 450SE V2 RTF Kit Combo -
- Discount 10.00%: $100.98, included in total
- Helicopter Kits:
- Align New T-REX 450SE(CDE) V2 Silver+New 430X 3700KV+35X ESC/Bat (KX015053A): 1
- Tail Servo:
- Futaba S9650 Digital Servo (FUTM0260): 1
- Gyro:
- Logictech High Performance HeadLock Gyro - 2100T -- Best Gyro (LTG-2100T): 1
- Battery:
- *** MEGA POWER Li-Po Battery 2200mAH 18C 11.1V *** Best Value !! (MP2200183): 1
- Transmitter:
- Spektrum DX7 DSM 7Ch MicroLite Heli w/ 3-S285 Radio TX Mode 2 (SPM2722): 1
- Accessories:
- Carbon Steel Hexagon Screw Driver Set (4pcs) (HR1020CB): 1
- T-REX 450 Swashplate Leveler Tool (HR1010): 1