Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 TREX 450 SA ESC issues >

TREX 450 SA ESC issues

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

TREX 450 SA ESC issues

Old 01-07-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TREX 450 SA ESC issues

I have a 450 SA running the align 3550 Kv motor and the 35A esc with governor mode and after my first few flights, I have a few questions.

1. When the ESC reaches its voltage limit and signals by cutting power, does the cut in power last momentarily or does it last continuously. I am having trouble determining whether I am getting interference or whether i have reached my voltage. ( I have been getting several momentary drops lasting a second or half second during my flights.) It is hard to tell because my pcm fail safe is set to hold all positions and throttle to idle.

2. Someone has mentioned that the esc with a stick on aluminum heat sink has problems with the bec circuit. are there mods published?

3. The manual sheet for the esc says that there is a governor mode available for flight mode 1 and 2. If I activate the governor mode on the esc setup, how does the esc know what flight mode I am in so it will not operate as a governor in flight mode 0 (hovering)?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:20 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts
Default RE: TREX 450 SA ESC issues

Dont bother with govornor mode on that esc.

There's a heat sink mod page that tells you how to do it and IMO its well worth it, the heat sink, stuck to the outside of shink wrap with double sided tape does nothing but look good.
http://www.wavelandps.com/stuff/

Also there's links on there to Finless setup videos, worth their weight in gold.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TREX 450 SA ESC issues

Thanks BarracudaHockey!