Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Trex EF G90 w/DX6. I'm lost on settings.

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Trex EF G90 w/DX6. I'm lost on settings.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:42 PM
DarkSkunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex EF G90 w/DX6. I'm lost on settings.

First of all I just signed up because I'm pretty new at this level of helicopter. I just graduated from a few Blade CP's (which were markedly simpler) and now I've got:

TRex SA
3550kv Motor
Spektrum DX6
Eflight G90 Gyro.

I've struggled a bit with setup although it is flying and I've kept the skid side down for landings so far. I cannot make sense of the G90 gyro (the only gyro I've dealt with). Apparently its a Heading Hold or Standard rate gyro. I'm using the GER channel of the DX6 so the gain is accessible by the radio. It started with a wagging tail and I brought the travel down to 60% which fixed that. I cannot center the damn servo on the tail though. Everytime I mess with it is moves (I had no issue of course when I skipped the gyro). It always tend to creep. I'm flying in only one mode (no stunt) but I cannot get the tail to hold steady. I also have not made much sense out of any instructions. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike
Old 01-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Andrew McGregor

Default RE: Trex EF G90 w/DX6. I'm lost on settings.

How to set it up:

1) always switch on in rate mode.
2) set trim and subtrim in the TX to zero and start with about 50% gain... if that turns out to be too much during this process, turn it down as required
3) hover and find out how much trim or stick is required to stop it turning
4) land, measure where the slider is, reset the trim to zero, then move the servo to put the slider back in position
5) repeat steps 3 and 4 till it will hover about straight in rate mode
6) now check it in HH mode. It will probably drift. Set the subtrim so it doesn't. Note, subtrim, it is important to use that and not the main trim. Now you have a problem: it's going to be wrong on power up.
7) Go back and do steps 3-5 again in rate mode, except this time you now have the subtrim set.
8) Now set the gain by turning it up till it oscillates on a quick stop of a piro, then turn it back down a little till it stops dead.

After doing all that, which will probably take a couple of packs, you've got it working as well as it ever will. That's not as good as a 401, but it's reasonable value for what you paid for the gyro.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:21 AM
DarkSkunk

Default RE: Trex EF G90 w/DX6. I'm lost on settings.

Thank you very much for your comments. I'll try it as soon fix the issue that I have. It seems relatively straight forward. The autorotation one-way gear has flipped to the opposite direction! Not sure how that happened. Thanks again.

Mike