Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

T-Rex 450SA New Guy

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-Rex 450SA New Guy

Old 01-21-2007, 04:26 PM
fr8brkr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Rex 450SA New Guy

Just purchased a new 450SA yesterday, and I am new to the whole game except experience with CX2's which dont come close to comparing with the Rex line up -- Upon closer initial set-up inspecton I have a faulty rudder servo Futaba S3107 - I am curious, can anyone recommend beginner settings for the transmitter so when I try my first solo I dont find myself behind the performance curve.
Set up -- 450SA, Futaba 6EXHP 6 channel, RCE-500X Gyro, ---- I would appreciate anyones help as to programming user friendly setting as I dont want to crash and burn on my maiden flight. Looking forward to becoming a T-REX flyer !
Old 02-05-2007, 10:47 AM
FREEBIRD

Default RE: T-Rex 450SA New Guy

The SA is a big step from a CX, the CX is basically a hoering toy IMO, main thing here is safety, treat the thing carefully. Try your initial spool-up with it weighted down and out of the way of spinning parts, these things really wind up fast. Measure the links per the instructions, and test everthing first with the motor disconnected. Reduce the throw on the tail servo to begin with , or it'll kill them fast when they bind (ask me how I know?) I have that same radio, it works nice and is user friendly, but read the manual thoroughly anayway. I started out with low pitch/throttle settings and crept up on it until I got a decent hover. No sense rushing things on this $500 plus heli.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:20 PM
fr8brkr

Freebird,
Thanks for the reply --- I have already found out the Rex vulnerabilities during my first hover attempt last week !!! Currently replacing many plastic parts with aluminim !! Suffered only $72.00 damage during first flight --- much more to learn, but having a great time becoming a T-Rex owner - proud to be part of the club !!!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:49 PM
FREEBIRD

I had been flying the micro's Blade CP, Hummingbird 3D Pro and I had a Honeybee Cool (400 size), and when I fired up the Rex it was pretty intimidating, I know how powerfull these 450 size BL motors on big lipos are on planes. We have Zagi's with Mega motors and they go straight up out of sight. Be carefull, the aluminum will get destroyed too if you crash, it's just more expensive. I dialed the throws down on my swash, and am running a conservative throttle /pitch mix until I get familiar with this thing. I already had a rear link come loose that would have surely totaled it in flight (caught it on a pre-flight). Best thing is take it slow and easy with these things starting out.