Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

T-REX 600 Servo Requirements Please help.

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-REX 600 Servo Requirements Please help.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 PM
starcop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-REX 600 Servo Requirements Please help.

Hi all, I just wanted to get more inputs on servo requirements on my T-Rex 600. I purchased the Futaba CHP PCM radio and it comes with S3151 Digital Servos. They are rated at 43 oz torque and .21 Sec /60 degrees 4.8v. I was wondering if anyone knows if they are adequate for none 3D flight. Everyone seems to be using servos with higher torque ratings. I couldn't find anything in the manual. I have had one person tell me they are more than adequate for my application. Just want to make sure with a little more input from others. Thank you very much, in advance. starcop
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65925.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	609582  
Old 01-30-2007, 06:16 PM
wcc963

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-REX 600 Servo Requirements Please help.

43 oz is kinda weak but if your just hovering and doing forward flight they should be fine, but i would upgrade. i would go with Hitec HS-6975 servos, they have 144oz of torque at 6v and a speed of .10 these are fast and powerful and you will never need to upgrade these servos. or you can go with HS-6965 servos, they have 111oz of torque at 6v but are faster at .08

you cant go wrong with these, they can be toned down for nice soft flight or ramped up for 3D, your servos are not good for 3D. so i would suggets getting one of the 2 I mentioned above.