Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Anyone flying the HDX450 from helidirect? >

Anyone flying the HDX450 from helidirect?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Anyone flying the HDX450 from helidirect?

Old 01-30-2007, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone flying the HDX450 from helidirect?

Are any of you guys out there flying one of these?(HDX450 from helidirect). They say they are 90% parts compatible with the trex 450. And for 300.00 you get G10 composite frame, and complete aluminum head, and tail. I was just wondering how close to the rex450 they are in flight characteristics. I am undecided between this, and the trex 450s cf.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Default RE: Anyone flying the HDX450 from helidirect?

Hi
The HDX 450 Is Not A bad Heli , I Have 1 That I Fly Regular , A 2nd One I got A Sweet Deal On Ebay That Should Be Here Tomorrow . And The Align T rex 450x/ SE .

I Upgraded The Whole Thing From The X to The SE. CF Frame, CNC Head & Tail, The Only Thing Left From The 450 X Package Is The Motor , and The Skids

As Far As Flying , They Are Both Great ,The HDX is A Little Fat ie: Heavier Than The Align But It Is Rock Solid . Also I Don't Use Flybar Weights and I Have No Expo Dialed in On The TX so it Is All Stick Right Then

The HDX Will Take A Beating Also I Have Gone Through 2 Blue Tail Booms And 3 CF Booms , I Did Ditch The Spring Steel Landing Gear In Place of The Taller Gorilla Gear , The Stock Plastic Align Gear Wont Take A Hard Hit , And The Steel Gear For Some Reason Dosent Like Hard Landings , But It Is Great For Learning

Between The 2 I fly The HDX More Than The Trex Just Out Of Personal Prefrence , I Like The Respone of The HDX Better As Far As Setup Goes More Resonsive , The T rex Seems To Float More , Might Be A Lot Better At 3-d flying Than The HDX , I havent Gotten There Yet , Tried A Couple Inverted Flights On The T Rex , Not That Good Yet .
The T Rex Runs A Stock 450 Motor , 35x ESC Hitec 65hb Servos Futaba 401 and An Airtronics Servo For the Tail
The HDX Has An Aon 2815-3500 motor Align 35x ESC Hitec 56hb Servos , Futaba GY401 , Airtronics Tail Servo , All Through a Spektrum DX7

Out Of The Times I Have Crashed It Seems the Worst Part of It is Regearing The Servos , But They Are Easier To Do On The HDX Frame , I Have Never Had To Replace Any part Of The Frame On The HDX and Thats With Comming Down Hard From About 40+ Feet And Taking out The Tailboom All 3 Servos A Set Of CF Blades ,

Overall Its A Matter Of Value , Dont Skimp on The Electronics , They Will Make or Break A Good Flying Heli , I Have A Box Of Junk Servos To Prove That
Old 01-31-2007, 12:14 AM

I bought my HDX 450SE about a month and a half ago and LOVE it. It is very stable, only hover so far, but moving on to other things soon. The only thing i would say is DO NOT go with the package deal. The gyro is a piece, speed control is ok but not all that hot, and the motor just threw the upper bearing in this time period. I replaced my gyro with the 401, just added a phoenix-35 ESC and my new just go fly 450th motor is in the mail from them. I would say go with this any day with the right electronics on it. OH by the way, the canopy is the milk jug kinda plastic so go ahead and order yourself a good Fiberglass canopy MAKE SURE the grommets come with it, the one i ordered from helidirect does not have them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94440.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	610544  
Old 02-01-2007, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like a good deal. I am trying to pick one up on ebay.