Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

dx-7

Old 01-30-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx-7

is the spectrum dx-7 hard to set up. because i cant really set them up.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:31 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 361 Likes on 290 Posts
Default RE: dx-7

Same as a JR.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:44 PM

It seemed pretty easy,when I first started I was a bit overwelmed and wasnt really into learning a new radio after flying futaba,It wasnt that much different than my 9C with a few exceptions,one thing that was really helpful was a post I read about not using the gyro gain mode and just assigning rates for gyro to the gear switch...I took couple hours but well worth it !I love this Radio...
Old 02-02-2007, 09:38 PM

This is the post that made the gyro easy to set up ... Originally Posted by Danal Estes
I'm flying a GY401 on DX7 and both AR6000 and AR7000 receivers. Gyro gain can be made to work on the AUX channel on a AR7000, and on the GEAR channel (CH5) in either receiver. I prefer the gear channel because it works on both, and I find the gain "mappings" easier on gear... more below.

To setup on gear, do the following:

1) Physically plug gyro "regular" connector into rudder (CH4) and "gain" connector into gear (CH5). Gain is the single yellow wire.

2) IGNORE THE GYRO pages! Don't use them. Instead, go to the "Travel Adjust" page and use the endpoints on the GEAR channel to set gain. + gain is HH mode gain and maps 1:1. That is, +60 is 60% HH gain, etc. - gain is rate gain and also maps 1:1. That is, -25 would be 25% rate gain, etc.

JR Tip: You will need to throw the GEAR switch in the appropriate directions to move the cursor to + or - and adjust each endpoint.

Really, that's it for tranny setup. There are some optional thing you can do... for example, I have the Heli DX7, which has the gear switch on the left. I prefer to change the Gyro with a switch on the right, (so that my left thumb is more able to deal with any yaw). Therefore, I go into the SYSTEM (hold swithes at power up) menu and set AUX2 to INH and set GEAR to AUX2. This effectively "moves" CH5 to the AUX2 switch. Again, this is optional...

As always with a GY401, ensure that you power up in HH mode, that is GEAR (or AUX2) switch AWAY from you.

OH, and very important: REBIND!!!! after any and all transmitter setup changes that affect gyro gain settings (i.e. gear channel endpoints in this case). This is REQUIRED as the gryo will be deciding how to power up BEFORE the DX7 and receiver lock onto each other... and therefore the "memorized" position from binding will determine how the gyro powers up.