Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 T-Rex Problem with DX7 and Align Gyro >

T-Rex Problem with DX7 and Align Gyro

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

T-Rex Problem with DX7 and Align Gyro

Old 02-03-2007, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Rex Problem with DX7 and Align Gyro

I've been trying to setup my T-Rex with the DX7 and RCE-500X Align Gyro. What happens is I start to throttle up and as soon as it starts to pitch enough to get it off the ground it begins spinning as if it has no tail at all. I can manually bring it back around and it moves pretty fast but it seems like I have no gyro. Maybe it's just something as simple as adjusting the tail pitch but I would think it would creep one way or the other as I increase throttle.

Anyone have any insight? I set up my trns with the defaults and 3 servo 120 CCPM. Not sure what I'm missing here as I am new to the DX7... and the T-Rex for that matter.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Rex Problem with DX7 and Align Gyro

Sounds like you have the direction switch on the gyro backwards.

Go into main menu on the TX hit up a few times till you see " AUX " and " GEAR " change GEAR to GYRO and AUX to INH. This will let the GYRO Switch on the TX control GYRO rate and heading hold modes. I.E. Gear switch toward you Gyro in rate mode. Gear switch away from you Gyro in Heading hold. ( must start gyro in heading hold ) Reverse the Gyro/Gear switch in the Channel Reversing Menu if you want the switch to to work in the opposite direction.

To set the gain, go to the end point adjustment menu. and set channel 5 ( Gyro ) upper # to like 55 or 60 ( this is heading hold gain ) and set the lower # to 40 ( this is rate mode gain)

next unplug gyro from channel 5 and plug in the tail servo. set up all linkages to mechanical center with just a little angle to the tail blades to counter main blade spin.
make sure the servo arm is center on the servo. ( I test fly like this till the tail holds prety good )

Now plug the Gyro back in channel 5 and plug the tail servo back into the gyro. Turn on TX and put the gear/gyro Switch in Heading hold position. Go to the menu that shows live stick positions on a bar graph when you move the sticks. Channel 5 should be @ 55 or 60 to the right of center. Flip the Gear/Gyro switch to rate channel 5 should now be @ 40 or just a little bit to the left. If It is backwards reverse channel 5 in servo reversing menu. ( right side is HH mode left side is Rate mode. The further from center the more gain. )

Aright now that you have the TX on and the Gear/Gyro switch working in the right direction. Put the Gear/Gyro sw in HH position ant turn on the bird gyro should initilize and red light should turn solid. move the tail left or right and watch the blades pitch they should twist in the direction to counter your movement. if not swicht the direction switch on the gyro. Now give left or right rudder and turn down the gain/travel dial on the Gyro ( the dial to the right ) Until the tail servo dosent bind anymore, and the tail pitch slider dosent hit left or right.

This is very hard to put all this in words. watch Finless Video, its excelent.
http://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=12455

hope this helps