Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

E-Flite G90 Gyro & T-Rex 450SE - Travel Adjust Weird?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

E-Flite G90 Gyro & T-Rex 450SE - Travel Adjust Weird?

Old 02-03-2007, 09:39 PM
soop7667

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite G90 Gyro & T-Rex 450SE - Travel Adjust Weird?

Hello All -

I got a CP Pro for christmas and since then I fell in love - I've then grown to hate the damn thing and said to hell with it and got an MX400 - didn't take long for me to hate that thing too - after buying a spare frame to snatch parts off of, and completely wanting to melt the cheap tail assembly in a nice hot fire - I said screw going to hell with it - I'm going to heaven - thats the point that I really splurged and bought a T-Rex 450SE - Just finished assembling that and probably flew it about 10 batteries so far - Flies like a dream!

Now one problem -

I've, in the past, stripped out the gears in my tail servos because I didn't fully understand the remote settings and the servo travel adjustments. On my T-rex I switched the remote gain into standard rate mode to adjust the servo travel distance. This worked really well - I had it set to reach the ends without binding or going too far. The problem is - when I switch it into heading hold mode when I have it on the ground - it does reach the ends, but it travels from center about 25% to whichever end I am moving it to and then it goes at a slow speed till it reaches the end. When I have it airborn it does not rotate as fast as it should - I beleive that it is not reaching the ends at all while in flight. I have to set the travel adjust way high to get it to the ends at the speed in which it should. So now I'm all worried about stripping gears because when I do this I know that once it reaches the ends as it should, it's still trying to push more.

I've heard again and again that the G90 is a lame gyro, but when I'm flying I haven't had any problems with it holding - it's rock solid fast up, fast forward, however I choose to fly it holds well.

Anyone ever have this problem? Any solutions? It seems to me that there should be some way to program the travel adjust on the gyro itself and I think I've read about it somewhere but I dunno.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:23 AM
djdavidcp

Default RE: E-Flite G90 Gyro & T-Rex 450SE - Travel Adjust Weird?

ORIGINAL: soop7667

Hello All -

I've heard again and again that the G90 is a lame gyro, but when I'm flying I haven't had any problems with it holding - it's rock solid fast up, fast forward, however I choose to fly it holds well.
I think you answered your question by saying the G90 is lame. It always amazes me, no matter what hobby I get into, people buy the best helicopter, telescope, airplane, etc, and then attach a bunch of cheap crap to it and then wonder why they can't get it to work right

Doug
Old 02-04-2007, 12:28 AM
djdavidcp

I am going to apologize for the sarcastic tone in my last post, before I get some nasty messages. Sorry......

Doug
Old 02-04-2007, 10:53 AM
soop7667

Nice! Good thing I don't get easily offended, but yeah - Don't be talkin' like that about my Gyro man! That's like my Momma! LoL. Now that you've completely tore down my one "cheap" piece that I have on it - let's talk about what else is on the little bird. DX7 Spektrum, I've got the kick-ass JR servos on it, 430L yadda yadda. Now is that cheap crap too? EIther way - Thanks for telling me my Gyro is crap - as if I didn't have an idea, but do you have any constructive advise? Maybe instead of telling me what I have is crap you could suggest something better? You could explain how another one is programable?
Old 02-04-2007, 11:39 AM
averageD

hey i have a csm sl 420 and mine also does the same when sitting on the ground in heading hold mode. the manual explained this as the yaw rate demand feature, sitting on the ground you give rudder control the gyro feels no movement and trys harder to get the heli around. while in the air it feels the movement and does not try so hard. mine lets me set in the quick setup mode. hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:46 AM
djdavidcp

Soop,

The Futaba GY401 has a limit adjust that you turn until you reach your end points and then just back it off the limit. It's a snap to set up. I'm not sure of what other gyros out there have the same type of adjustment. Have you seen the Finless Bob Trex setup videos (google it)? There is a video that shows how to setup the tail and gyro. And while the video is geared toward the GY401 and Futaba, there might be some info in there that could help you get your bird in top working order. My 450SE is only my second heli, the first was a Blade, so my only Gyro experience is with the GY401 and S9650 Digital tail servo.

I do know that the GY401 doesn't work with JR servos because of the pulse difference. But I've heard good things about the JR G500T Gyro and it has servo travel limit adjustments too.

Doug