Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Align ESC battery protection mode?

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Align ESC battery protection mode?

Old 02-09-2007, 11:00 PM
esrazor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align ESC battery protection mode?

Hi,

I'm just setting up my ESC and am not sure what the battery protection mode does. I currently have it set to 65%. The Align ESC setup document doesn't really indicate what this does or what will happen when the battery reaches 65% charge.

I know that lipos are recommended not to be run with more than 80% of their charge gone. Is this a feature that you recommend using to protect the batteries from overcharging? If not, I assume you use a timer or an alarm?

My main question is what happens when the battery reaches 65%?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Dynamic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Align ESC battery protection mode?

Your motor will start cutting out for about half a second every second(at first then it will just shut off), and now you basically autogyro in. What your going to want to do is hover off a pack till protection (I run my esc with high bat protection) kicks in. Then set a countdown timer on your remote for 2 minutes less then that time (cause flying 3d kills it faster then a hover). Start your countdown on takeoff and when the alarm goes off land...if you try to push it protection will kick in, then you have to autogyro in.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:33 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 338 Likes on 270 Posts
Default RE: Align ESC battery protection mode?

Run high protection, the extra 20 seconds a flight you get arent worth over discharging and puffing a lipo.