Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Weak Tail Rotor Response (G90, SA)

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Weak Tail Rotor Response (G90, SA)

Old 06-11-2007, 08:00 PM
DarkSkunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weak Tail Rotor Response (G90, SA)

So I've got a T-Rex SA with a DX-6 and a G90 gyro. I'm not a big fan of the gyro which I've already disscussed on the forum (401 will be arriving soon). My question concerns tail rotor response. I appear to be getting full range of motion but it really does rotate in either direction with much speed. Its my second tail set and there is no change from the original. I got some comments on turning up the head speed so for stunt mode I'm now running 100-80-100 when I was at 100-65-100 in attempt to make the transition smoother (which it was). Does anyone run larger tail rotor blades? I'm I just fighting the G90 maybe? A different problem? I just kind of figured it should whip around pretty decisively but for some reason doesn't. Any help would be appreicated. I'm running a Digital JR servo on the tail (all digital servo's for the heli).

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 PM
blacksheep1998

Default RE: Weak Tail Rotor Response (G90, SA)

Which pinion are you running? I used the 11T for a while then stepped up to the 12T, a lot of difference with the increase in head speed between the 2. Now if you are talking piro rate adjust the limit on the gain channel for the gyro (if there is a remote gain for the G90)

Pete
Old 06-12-2007, 09:39 AM
DarkSkunk

I'm refering to the piro rate. I've continually reduced the gyro gain but its not cutting it as best I can determine. Has anyone ever looked into the larger tail blades? I was thinking that would provide more piro power. I'm not sure if the 12T pinion is what I need. I have stock which by the previous note I'm presuming to be 11T.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

which servo??

you can get INSANE piro rates with normal blades......

what is your head speed? find someone with a tach of someone who really knows T-rex's to get this info....
Old 06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Tolla

My G90 with S3154 servo and 100% Travel adjust gives excellent piro rates. Headspeet tached at 2600. Make sure that full movement of the tx stick each way gives you full movement each way on the tail slider.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:08 PM
alienteabagger

I have the G90 gyro w/ JR digital servo on the tail and DX6 Tx, my Piro rate is very fast. You must have tweaked a setting somewhere in the radio to slow it down.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:26 PM
DarkSkunk

Well it sounds pretty clear that I have a setup issue. I'll check again and pay close attention to the gyro setting as well. What percentage are you running? I think I'm at 65%.

I'll double check the tail slider throw.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:18 PM
alienteabagger

I set the gain adjustment pot on the gyro itself to exactly halfway. In the radio I have the TRV ADJ GER(gyro) set to +45 and TRV RUD set to +100/-100. I get GREAT performance out the G90. Im not doing any 3d yet but whenever I do a piroette and release the rudder the heli STOPS and holds!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:38 PM
DarkSkunk

Interesting. I'm not getting that performance out of the G90. I'm mild in 3D which is also an issue but I'm not getting the level you speak of either. I have the electonic adjusment set in through the controller. I read that the pot gain has no effect if the electronic is operating. Maybe I'll mess with the pot gain as well in case the documentation is incorrect. Thanks for the info.