Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
 Purchase advise reccomendations wanted >

Purchase advise reccomendations wanted

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Purchase advise reccomendations wanted

Old 06-13-2007, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchase advise reccomendations wanted

Hey Folks!

I currently race 1/8th off road buggy but Im thinking about buying an Eleectric Heli and was looking at the following:

HoneyBee King II
Raptor G2

(Are there other ones that match up to these)

does radio gear etc come tih the raptor G2?
Should I look for a heli with aluminium hopups around the blades already installed - does it make it smoother and tougher?
Are the flight sims much good and can you use any TX with them?

Thanks
Nick
Old 06-14-2007, 07:25 AM

Default RE: Purchase advise reccomendations wanted

Those both look pretty nice. Both are ready to fly with radios. I kind of like the looks of the Raptor a little more than the Honey Bee. Although the Honey Bee parts might be more readily available. Both of those helis have geared tail rotors with no tail motors, which is worlds above a Blade CP. I replaced a lot of tail motors in my Blade. I started with the Blade CP and then upgraded to a Trex 450 SE. The Raptor has a heading hold gyro, which is nice if it works well. As for aluminum head parts..... They will remove slop from the system and improve response and control. They won't break as easy as plastic parts, but in a crash, since they don't break as easily, they transfer the energy down the line and break or bend other things that are usually more expensive. For a beginner, since you are going to crash a lot, I would wait and upgrade to aluminum as you need to replace parts after a crash.

Flight sims are money well spent. When I started out with helis, I didn't buy a sim. After about 4 weeks of crashing and repairing, I bellied up to the bar and plopped down $200 on RealFlight G3. Within a week I was hovering and flying my Blade around the yard. Definitely get a sim. Most sims will work with most radios (just check before you buy).

Just remember to take it really slow. You are not going to unpack a heli, charge it up, and be flying it like an expert in a couple weeks. I've flown RC airplanes since I was 14 (now 46), and it did nothing for me when I decided to get into helis. In fact, I figured that since I could fly planes, I could fly a heli, which is why I didn't get a sim at first. Boy was I wrong!

Doug
Old 06-14-2007, 01:06 PM

LOL thanks doug!
Old 06-15-2007, 07:27 AM

i second the get a sim. will pay for itself real fast. nice when you crash just push a button and try again lol. it will help you alot
Old 06-15-2007, 07:41 AM

ORIGINAL: atcspaul

i second the get a sim. will pay for itself real fast. nice when you crash just push a button and try again lol. it will help you alot
I've been looking all over for one of those buttons for my Futaba 9CHPS transmitter. Sure would be nice to be able to push that button when flying my real Trex

Doug