Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HELP ME PLEEEEASE

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HELP ME PLEEEEASE

Old 07-31-2007, 11:25 AM
JWM54
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME PLEEEEASE

Guys, I feel pretty stupid here,but I need some help. Can anyone give me a hand programming a JR XP6102 for a Trex 450 xl or tell me of someone in the Quad Cities area (Moline Il. or Davenport Ia.) who can help me. I have been flying a Blade CP and a Honey Bee CP-2 and practice regularly on my FMS SIM. I cannot figure out what is wrong. Mechanically I have eveything set for 0 pitch at half throttle and all of the servos move the swash in the right direction for flight. Radio is set for 120 degree swash and aileron is rev. all other settings are default. The heli sits on the ground steady(no tendancy for tail to swing) rpm comes up, at half stick the motor stops turning (fresh li-po). If you use a Xp6102, please respond and let me know what you have for settings. If you know of a website that can explain how to programm, that would be great too. I've been into R/C airplanes for a long time, but this REVO MIX and inhibit stuff is Greek to me.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:40 AM
jh4db536
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HELP ME PLEEEEASE

it's So hard to explain this over the internet, id have to show you.

don't use revo mix if you have a HH gyro

it's pointless to tell you the settings of a 6102...i used to have a 6102 traded it for a DX7 which is exactly the same menus with more resolution LCD and improved

Normal Thr 0-65-80-80-80 (AFTER programming ESC)
Idle1/2 Thr 100-100-100-100-100
Normal & Hold Pitch 40-inh-50-inh-100
Idle1/2 Pitch 0-inh-50-inh-100 (-11* to +11*)

travel adjust - default, ch5(gyro gain) 50/50
ECCPM - 50-50-50 (servo horn outtermost hole, approx 8* cyclic pitch) dont do this if youre new. the trex has a roll and flip rate that makes the CPpro feel less squirrelly
d/r & expo all default
reverse, pretty much ch2/3/6 might be reversed to make the swashplate move the right way depending on what servo you plugged into CH2/6
subtrims: Ch2/3/6 added before ANY linkages are sized. according to swashplate level and height tool.

as you can see, the settings are mostly default because i BUILT the heli and linkages around these settings Not according to the instructions. from the servos, to the swashplate, to the microlinks, to the macrolink adjustment
Old 07-31-2007, 03:00 PM
JWM54
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HELP ME PLEEEEASE

Thanks for the reply. I will try your settings. I think I'm close on a lot of your settings. The problem I'm having is with the proper pitch and rotor speed to give it enough lift to fly. The steering settings on the swashplate seem to be doing the right stuff, and the tail rotor is keeping the nose from rotating.