Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Got my Diablo head and tail on...

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Got my Diablo head and tail on...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:28 PM
LDGILLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Diablo head and tail on...

Nice pieces, as I have said before. I am hoping the fly bar wieghts are not too critical, as I have noticed I am flying without them, and it flies soooooooooooooooo GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD with that head and tail!!! WOW WOW. Anybody else fly without the flybar wieghts?

Though, I am fighting a glitch now for some reason[&o] I have to say, I know most of you guys here are Futaba 401 fans, but my G90 with the CNC diablo tail is rock solid in HH mode. Spins on a dime, left and right, and stops exactly where I stop it. I never thought going from the plastic Trex head and tail to the diablo cnc would be such a huge difference in flight. I really do like the overslung flybar on this head also, dont know how much of a difference that makes, but I like it

I can actually hover and do spins in my living room now! Its on rails, so to speak....LOL

Besides not putting my flybar wieghts back on, I had also moved my gyro from the front to the back, and DID not Reverse it. Ever take a chopper off, and have to think backwards with the left stick to get it back down? Thats what I get for getting excited. No harm done. Sure had the adrenaline flowing though...LOL
Old 08-16-2007, 08:56 PM
C5m7b4

Default RE: Got my Diablo head and tail on...

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
Thats cool. The ultra red main and tail pieces looked awesome in the pics. I might have to get the set. It was pretty decently priced. Have you flown it outside?????
Good job on the recovery. I know that gets the adren really flying. Today I put two more flights on the Rex (up to 13 now) and still no wrecks. I am trying a little forward flight because the hovering was getting pretty good. I can hover tail in, right in for a little while and left in for a little while. I still have not even tried the nose it yet. I love this thing.
I spent the last few days on the G3 sim practicing 3D and I feel like friekin Szabo on this thing now. I can do full loops, forward tumbles, back tumbles, left flip and right flips...Loops while doing forward flight. It's great. working on nose in hover on sim and also I am getting pretty good at inverted hovering. I have only been flying in the front yard, but I am quickly outgrowing it. I think I am ready to go to a field and get comfortable so I can start trying the 3D. What is the worst that can happen. I might spend $150 on a crash???? Well, I havent wrecked in the last 13 flights, so as far as I am concerned, I have saved enough money (with the CP Pro) to afford a $150.00 crash. Why not try, LOL.
hehheheeeeeeeeee
cant wait...

C5
Old 08-16-2007, 09:03 PM
LDGILLS

Yepper, was flying it out front a little bit ago. Do NOT HESITATE to get a Diablo head and tail for your bird. I had the same feeling going from my blade cp to the Trex 450, as I did putting the diablo pieces on. Incredible.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:07 PM
C5m7b4

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I am going to order my set right now!!!!!!

be right back, LOL

C5
Old 08-16-2007, 09:12 PM
C5m7b4

Ordered them overnight. Hopefully I will get saturday if they ship tomorrow. That will give the weekend to get her together. Should look great on my heli. Thanks for the info. I really, really appreciate the info and the link. Mucho grats, man

C5
Old 08-16-2007, 09:22 PM
LDGILLS

You will not regret the Diablo set up. I do believe this company is going to make a name for itself. And Scott takes superb care his customers. Like I have said before, he went out of his way and sent me some things I had not ordered, but needed to fly...go figure on that one...LOL I went from being slightly bummed when my parts got here, because I knew it would be another few days before I could get to a LHS and get what I thought I still needed. Well, instead of just putting the box on my desk, cause I had to see that sexy red head, I open it up, and to my amazement there where the parts I was needing, included with my package. I naturally figure he added them to my bill.....he had not. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. I had made a post on a board, being bummed out I forgot to order them, and he had read it. I am here to tell you, you DO NOT get treated like that everyday. When a company can make me all giddy like a kid, count me in.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:02 AM
ct420

Sounds good... I've heard the Diablo stuff is good. I just might have to get one of those choppers after I sell my XL. I don't fly it much anymore since I got my SE in the air.

Oh, and about the flybar weights. You don't NEED them to fly. Typically, people use them when learning basic flight, then remove them when it's time for 3D. They slow cyclic response, which is good when basic flying, but bad when flipping, rolling, etc.

After more than 1 year, I still fly with them on. I only get to fly a couple times a week and not at all some weeks, so it's slow going for me. I'm still working on mastering nose in with the heli, and inverted with the sim. LOL at the rate I'm going, it'll be about a decade before I try my first tic-toc [8D] I'm in no rush tho...
Old 08-17-2007, 07:22 AM
TheBum

There are a few rough edges still with what's included in the Diablo heli package. For example, the motor was included but no motor mounting screws. I found out it was an intentional oversight when I contacted them, but they're sending me the screws and they said they would consider including the screws in the future. I hope so because those tiny metric screws are hard to find here in the US.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the quality of the heli itself thus far and look forward to getting it all put together and flying. I really like the way the front servos are mounted (vertically and at a 45-degree angle to the frame), which allows the linkages to the swash on both sides to be the same length, which should help with consistent swash movement.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:09 PM
LDGILLS

I actually like how it flys without the flybar weights. Though I found out by mistake, it now feels connected to my radio. In other words, I dont feel like I am flying so far ahead of the chopper. I like it.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:16 PM
C5m7b4

I ordered my parts next day air and a tech from RC-Tek called me today and told me that the way I setup the shipping, I would not get my stuff until either Monday or Tuesday and I paid like 32 bucks for shipping. He said he could change it to where I would get it on Saturday. I asked him how much it would cost me and he said it would actually save me money. Then they sent me an email telling me they were crediting my Credit card for 13 bucks. What a great company. Never have a had a company call me and say they could save me money and get my product to me faster????????? These guys are great.

I asked him about the comparison between the Diablo and the Rex and he said the Diablo had better quality and was a little more stable. Now the Rex is very very stable as far as I am concerned so I would love to fly a Diablo. Now I am saving for one of these birds. Hook a guy up and he will open his wallet, LOL.

C5
Old 08-18-2007, 04:48 AM
ct420

Have you guys who have the Diablo head looked at the feathering shaft? I'm wondering if it's 2mm or 4mm. Also, does it have thrust bearings in the blade grips, or standard closed bearings?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 AM
LDGILLS

Yubba yubba....um, let me look real close at mine here when I get a chance, and I will let you know 420
Old 08-18-2007, 10:46 AM
LDGILLS

C5, wait untill you get that diablo head on, it makes one heck of a difference on the trex[8D]
Old 08-18-2007, 10:50 AM
C5m7b4

I am sitting here waiting for the stupid UPS man to show up. what a slacker, LOL. I just got through soldering the dean connectors on my fourth battery. I am going to a friends house today in KY (going to whoop some tail in bowling tonight), and her house has a backyard like a football field. I can do all the 3D stuff on the sim so I am trying to get the courage up today to try a little 3D in her backyard. gotta try sometime right?????????????? If the red head shows up, hopefully I can get her on their to encourage the 3D but who knows, I might chicken out. I am bringing the video camera just in case so hopefully tomorrow I can post a vid of my first real 3D. Wish me luck, Herheheheheheehehehe

Thanks for the tip on the gear man,
C5
Old 08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
LDGILLS

I for sure want to see video....LMAO I know, 3D is gonna equal massive explosion on the ground......LOL
Old 08-18-2007, 12:55 PM
TheBum

It's the same feathering shaft that the T-Rex 450SE V1 uses: 3x40mm. The Align part number is HS1003. Here's a post on the RC-Tek support forums that shows the rotor head parts:

http://www.rc-tek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49
Old 08-19-2007, 01:40 AM
ct420

TheBum: Thanks, I was just curious if it had the newer design or not...
Old 08-19-2007, 03:20 PM
C5m7b4

OK, Here is my story for the 3D. I mounted my micro cam to the nose of the heli but when I tried to plug the rx for it into my laptop, it would not get a good picture. It was really bad (maybe the exteme heat?????), so I ditched that idea (although it would have been awesome to see from the nose). My friend manned the camera. I spooled up, and did a few piros and off down the field we were in. It is pretty narrow and lined with trees. I pulled it back and all was great except I let the tail go a little to the left so I needed a little more width than we had in their back yard. I got it all the way around and was bringing it back and wham, I hit a tree!!!!!! If the tree line would not have been there, I would of had it. The video sucks becuase the heli was moving too fast for my friend to keep up with the heli so all you can see is it start to climb and start to flip backwards. then you hear it hit the tree and all three of us go, 'oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh', LOL. Here are some pics of the carnage. I already put the diablo head on but I was checking all the electronics and I have stripped the gears (actually shattered parts of the gears inside ) of two of my servos. Also need to order a new tailboom although I could probably get away with bending it back in place. I love my heli too much for this though. Better to get a new one instead. I'll convert the video anyway and upload it to my YouTube account and post a link in a few minutes. Next time I have to find a field that is not lined with trees. it makes it harder to see the heli at a distance and it makes it easier to crash.

C5
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69574.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	745210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17954.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	745211   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23688.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	745212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw63285.jpg
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	745213   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj63997.jpg
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	745214  
Old 08-19-2007, 04:38 PM
C5m7b4

Not much to see but here is the link to the video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WbLR-AQQsGs
Old 08-20-2007, 06:32 PM
KoldFate

Have any of you used the plastic head that they sell? I was thinking of getting a couple of them to have, as I am still learning the basics and figure its better to wreck a few cheap plastic ones, before I get the expensive stuff.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:37 PM
LDGILLS

ORIGINAL: KoldFate

Have any of you used the plastic head that they sell? I was thinking of getting a couple of them to have, as I am still learning the basics and figure its better to wreck a few cheap plastic ones, before I get the expensive stuff.

That is a GREAT idea, I will be getting a couple of complete plastic heads just to have around. Do it, you wont regret it. Scott is king sh*t at taking care of his customers.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
C5m7b4

That is what I was using in the wreck above. I liked the head quite a bit but as you can see, it will not stand a wreck very well, LOL. I think you will excell with the T-Rex at such an amazing rate, that you will want to lessen the friction and increase the precision fairly quickly. At least that is what is happening to me. I might have just trashed my Rex trying to do 3D, but I already have probably another 10 to 15 hours on the sim and you better believe I will be quick to try again. If that stupid tree would not have been there, I was going to pull that move off. This time we will see how well the Aluminum head holds up and how well the metal gears hold up. I'll let you know very soon, and good luck with your flying.
C5
Old 08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
LDGILLS

"Pam, DO NOT get into a helicopter with MIKE...." LMFAO Priceless
Old 08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
C5m7b4

I think she jinxed me because at the beginning of the video (part I had to cut out for size....YouTube Sucks), she kept saying, lets watch mike wreck his helicoptor, LOL.

Next time I need to school her a little better so that she wishes me luck instead of jinxes me.

C5
Old 08-25-2007, 08:47 PM
diverjack

Here's a little tip on straightening out a dented or slightly bent tail boom. Find a steel ball the same diameter as the inside of the boom, and force it past the kink/bend. Works great, saving you the cost of a new tail boom. I use a wood dowel to ram the ball. Keep these "tools" in your kit box or whatever.

This is just to use at the field, and you don't have a spare with you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.