Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

The worlds most expensive McDonals toy.

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

The worlds most expensive McDonals toy.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:48 PM
abp689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The worlds most expensive McDonals toy.

Hey Rod,

Thanks for the depth. Actually, I have just purchases a 450 SE V2 from helifrek(r'us)? I am wavering on the DX7 vs the DX6.I would like to get into the 600 series, but need the expiernce. it is possible I will never get there though (skill/desire) and figure that I will deal with the 6?
Old 09-30-2007, 03:17 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Really glad to read you have gone with the SEV2, you won't regret it. My 600 CF has now arrived along with the Augusta fuse, can't wait. They say if you can handle a 450 the 600 is great.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:48 AM
rchotrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have it in the budget, go with the DX7. It has more programming for the helis like the throttle and pitch curves. It is nice to see a real graph rather than a percent number. And you won't have to deal with glitching or a frequency conflict when you fly. And if you do decide to get into other heli's, the DX7 will be able to handle them.

I went in and switched the throttle detent spring so that the throttle works smooth without the detents. Sometimes one detent in the throttle is too much or too little. It is easy to do and the radio comes with two springs.

I think there is a heli version of the radio, might be better for you.

I don't see why a T-rex can't be a trainer heli. As long as it is set up right and flies solid you will learn faster than trying to fight the smaller blade style helis. I started with the blade cx, then tried a walkera copy and got good hovers but the crashes were just too painful. Nearly a complete new rebuild each time. Once I got the T-rex, I advanced alot quicker and I am flying the heli instead of the heli trying to fly me.

You will crash. You can be as careful as you want, but it will still happen. I crashed my heli in a gym just hovering and the rebuild price was about $150 for parts. But alot of the parts bags will have two or three in the bag. So repairs aren't too bad. Maybe $50 a crash. Just depends on what breaks. When you do crash it is best to go in and check everything. Bearings included. I had damaged the two main shaft bearings and one of the tail shaft bearings in my crash.

Get good fitting tools. A heli like the T-rex deserves them. Make up a small tool box for parts and tools. I use the case the heli came in. Heliproz.com has a all in one electric heli tool kit for about $80.

Sounds like you will do fine if you are already getting a sim. Remember to fly the nose of the heli. And practice, practice, practice.......

See ya,
Rod