Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HeliHobby Combo package thoughts

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HeliHobby Combo package thoughts

Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Rjhpilot91
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HeliHobby Combo package thoughts

I'm in the market for a budget T-rex 450S and Helihobby has this good looking combo deal for $499. It isn't the best equipment, but does anyone have this setup, any thoughts on this?

http://www.helihobby.com/html/trex_helicopter.html

KX015041A T-REX 450S Kit Combo + 430L 3550 Motor and 35X ESC
- SPM2460 DX6 DSM 6 Channel Helicopter TX with 4xS75 Servos
- TLBGR301 Super Micro Heading Hold Gyro (TLB)
- LP-2150-20C-3S Li-po 2150mah 20C 11.1v 102x35x23mm
- DD-GLRD-FRG-01 Ferrite Ring reduce glitches and EMI ( Highly recommended )
- WSD1300 Large Deans Ultra Plugs
Old 09-21-2007, 12:52 PM
USHobbySupply

Default RE: HeliHobby Combo package thoughts

The dx6 is a good radio, but has a moderate ccpm mixing error. Admitted to by the manufacturer and fixed in the DX7. The tail servo may be a little slow. Don't know about the gyro, but probably good enough to start. Heli hobby is pretty good to their customers and vendors (i've always had good luck, but others report missed orders), so if they will back it, sure.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:04 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts

I'd suggest you do a search here, and maybe with the Ca BBB and make a decison for yourself.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:09 PM
USHobbySupply

BH, yes, good advise.

I know that people have had problems with them, maybe i just keep getting lucky, but others HAVE reported issues. I do keep my fingers crossed every time though.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:05 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a Ok company and if the parts are in, they ship quickly. if the parts are not in be prepared to be told they are on thier way and never recieve a tracking number. I actually started a post in this forum concerning thier business practices and how dissappointed I was with thier customer service.
Call them and speak to Nikki, she is honest and will tell you the truth ( I was told for almost 3 weeks my part was on the way when it had never been sent) Once she got involved she told me they had been waiting on the parts and she express mailed it to me.
The TLB gyro is the same as a telebee gyro and setting it up was a bit of a chore. I used the Finless HDX300 gyro setup video to get mine dialed in. The S75's should be sold as soon as you get them and get some Hitec HS65's and whatever you want for the tail....another HS65 will work. I put a HS81 on the tail on mine......it works ok but once I get past slow FF I will need to upgrade the servo and the gyro.
The heli package is overall a good deal, just be aware that if the parts aren't there.......they still have your money!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:09 PM
doveturd

I like the DX6, heli, battery is probably a DN which is ok (flightpower much better) but the servos you get are junk. You need better servos like hitec 56 or even better 65 in cyclic. The gyro will work but 401 is night and day better. Hitec 56 or 65 will work fine for tail but futuba 9650 or JR 3400 is much better. Overall the basic package will be fine to start with the exception of the servos that come with the DX6.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:35 PM
doveturd

I looked at helihobby.com after reading your post. If it was me, I like the matrix package much better for 695.00. You would be getting a better battery (thunderpower), much better gyro, much better servos (which you would have to buy anyway), and all for 200 bucks more. A 401 gyro will cost you 125.00 and servos 125.00+ plus a better battery. You would be getting a different radio and reviever. I can not comment on the futaba 2.4 6ex because of my lack of experience with it.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Rjhpilot91
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks for all of the opinions. I think I'll save up a litlle more cash and go with the Matrix option from helihobby.

Now I just need to find a good charger/discharger/cycler for around $100. Any ideas?
Old 09-30-2007, 09:52 PM
bschott

I recently purchased my T-Rex 450SA, JR 7202from helihobby, and I have to admit that their shipping and processing blew me away. I wouldnt hesitate in shopping with this vendor again. Howerver I wasnt particular intrested in their T-Rex 450S kit, so I decided to just mix and match.