Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

I cant 3D with my 450 SE. no power! HELP!

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

I cant 3D with my 450 SE. no power! HELP!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:14 PM
samtech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I cant 3D with my 450 SE. no power! HELP!

Hi Tolla, What batteries are you using?
Ksechler, I've had trouble with the TP's also. Try Flight power, I think they are great. As far as the TP, I'm not sure if it was me frying them with abuse or if it was my charger... I'm using a multiplex, works great with other battery but I can't rule it out as the cause of my failures with the TP. One of them puched out the intire battery the other puched the center cell. I only got about 15 flights out of the "good one". The bad one... I think I got three or four... I don't want to bad mouth them too bad, they work great for a lot of people... I might have just got batteries from a bad run. From what I understand pretty much all the lipo cells come from three different factorys in China. It's how they are matched that makes all the difference... But I could be wrong.
Just wait untill we can get nano-phosphorous lithium polymer batteries.... POWER!!!! I mean come on... who doesn't want a 50c battery!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Flyboywbl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you know the T-rex is my first lipo experiance and i must say i'm disapointed coming from nitro birds. The batteries are expensive, and tempermental if you don't treat them exactly right. And if you don't want to fly for 7 minutes and wait an hour for charging (i have a triton), then you have to buy more than one battery. But this means more chargine. Any way i just love how once you get a nitro bird in the zone (ie engine broken in, and tuned right), you can run tank after tank of fuel. With the triton it only takes 5-10 minuts to charge the 1000 mAh rx battery and you only have to do that about every 5-6 flights. It seems like the bigger you go in nitro heli's, you don't need new equipment either. The heli is more expensive yes but its not like electrics at all. Once you start getting bigger In the electrics, they become exponentialy more expensive. Bigger batteries, higher output chargers ext. Not trying to start a NItro vs lipo war but this has just been my experiance. The one thing i do love about the trex is that once you get past all the battery charging issues, then your are ready to go. As soon as you plug the battery in it's ready to fly. you don't have to worry about fuel problems or an engine quiting on you. I love the t-rex for being small enough to carry around and fly almost anyware. It's quiet to unlike my nitro birds. Any way thanks for your help guys. as soon as i get a break from going to school trying to become a commercial pilot i'm gonna try a new throttle curve and see if thats the problem.
-Matt
Old 09-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Tolla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Samtech.
DN Power 15C and Hextronic D9's.
I'm awaiting arrival of two Evo25's ( any day now). Am sure they will be much better than the others,
I'm also keen to try the Evolite 18C batteries. That will be the next order, my current batteries are all pretty much nearing their end....
I've even got two batteries made up of DN and Hextronic cells. As individual cell go I make up new packs of the good cells. Maybe not to be reccomended but Im using two batteries like that effectively, no problems so far.
The DN's are lasting much longer than the Hextronics.