Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Finally did IT!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Prontow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally did IT!

I finally ordered myself a 450SE! Yea Me! I found a 450SE V2 with motor,battery,ESC, gy401, and all the servos for what I think is a good price. Ordered from Flyhelirus.com and they had a shipping number within one hour. So far seems like excellent service! I will be able to give my Axe CP a break now.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:22 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: Finally did IT!

Your AXE will be gathering dust once you fly the Trex, its a night and day difference.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:26 PM
abp689

Congrats! Let us now how the service is when you get the heli. What was the kit combo price?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Prontow

Combo price was $684.95. I checked the prices of all of the components and they were cheaper on most everything. Check out www.flyhelirus.com.
I will keep everyone posted about the service I get, so far it seems pretty good.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Prontow

It's here! I ordered my 450SE on Thursday morning, and on Saturday morning the postman rings the bell and there is my new obsession!
Everything was there and I can't wait to get started on her. I am going to wait until I get the kit built before I get my radio, I was going to go with the DX7 since that is mostly what has been recommended.
Should I name her?? If I do I will wait until the build is complete until the naming process so I can see what kind of temperment she is going to have!
At this point it looks like flyhelirus.com is going to be my supplier, great service and prices so far!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:34 PM
abp689

Glad to hear Pronto. I will take a leap here, and am going to order the same system tonight. O' how the marketing Paradigm has changed. Keep it in the air!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:40 PM
abp689

Forget a specific name Pronto,

I am married, and love the women. Manogamous (sp) and will stay, that is why I never choose a name for my guitar. As the guitar changes, so does the personality. Keep it fluid man.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Prontow

ADP689, did you order your kit?? If you did look at the price now. I think we might have been the last ones to get a kit at that price.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:06 AM
abp689

Yeah Pronto, I did order the kit. I looked up my tracking order on Monday and saw the price went up by $70. I think I just made it. I am waiting to ask why the price went up after I get my bird. Not sure if it was mis-marked or what?

I guess the first crash is on them

Waiting to get the radio to until the unit is built.

Good luck and thanks for the site recommendation!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Prontow

Yea Us! I will wait about my radio also, I will probably order my radio from flyhelirus since he has a pretty good price on it also.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:34 PM
dhunt

I just got my 450SE V2 with 3 hs-65 servos and Fut S9650, it was assembled and came with a sweet canopy for only $470 from ebay!!
(Take a look and tell me what you all think!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=008
Yes it doesn't have the 401 but I used to work at a hobby store and they gave me a 401, plus two TP 2070 extreme packs for COST!!
FYI- There are some great set-up vids on helifreak.com under "Finless bobs tech room" Then click on the "Trex SE and general build videos" link!!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Prontow

OMG!!! [X(] Great deal dhunt! I am green with envy! Love the canopy on that bird. I am in the process of installing my servos now, my radio should be in tomorrow if the shipping is the same as when I bought my heli. You can use the extra $$ for a radio if you don't already have one.
I have most of Finless Bob's videos downloaded already, lots of great info in those things! I am still building but I am in love with the workmanship on these.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:02 PM
dhunt

Thanks!! Ya along with heli's, I'm an ebay addict! Lots of deals if your patient!! I just did the servo thing till late last night! I'd love a new 2.4 GHZ radio, but I have a decent one from my old hobby hut days, plus the wife would kill me i was lucky to get the new heli!! Ya without the finless stuff I'd be lost I know a lot about planes but not a ton with the heli stuff!! What did you start with? I started with the cppro (twitchy bugger!)
Old 10-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Prontow

I started with an AXE CP, tough little heli but twitchy but I guess all helis in that size are.