Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Problem with New T-Rex 450se V2

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Problem with New T-Rex 450se V2

Old 09-27-2007, 07:03 PM
eatkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with New T-Rex 450se V2

Ok I need some info and help!

I have 22 flights on my bird. No crashes all flights were good...I flew 4 packs today, on one of the packs at about 5 feet off the ground I was trying to do nose in. I thought I was going to lose it so I set it down semi hard. No damage on the bird that I can see,,, so I started to take off again and the helio started to spin left. I set it down easy and tried to take off again, same thing. I can not remember if I unplugged the battery and plugged it back up or I just tried to take off again. Anyway it flew with no problem. I flew one or two more packs without any problems.

So just a few ago I went to fly again. Everything setup ok and I tried to take off....the helio started spinning left again. I set it down easy and from then on I can not fly without spinning. I called the place where I bought it and talked with a tech. He had me check on a few things. First he had me check if I had movement in the tail servo which I do. One side note I have a 401 for the tail...and from the start it has always had a steady blinking light when I fly. I was told in another thread that it means the gyro is in rate mode. That a steady light means it is in HH mode. Well anyway it has flown like that for over 20 flights. it flew as if it was in HH mode...because when I flip the switch it flew like it was in rate mode.

Now while I was talking to the tech I saw it has a steady light now and it spins...

Anyway he had me hold the bottom fly wheel and spin the main rotor blades to see if I can hold it. Well I could not hold it so he said that was ok. Then he had me hold the tail blades and turn the main rotor blades. I did and I could hold the tail blades as I moved the main blades. He told me that I should not be able to hold them and spin the mains. He told me that the front gear for the belt was not holding and it needed to be taken off and some CA put on it. Is that right???

I feel that the 401 is having a problem not the front gear of the belt drive. I could hold it with my thumb and I could not stop it from spinning.

As you can see I have not a clue ....could all of you master your knowledge and give this a try.

Eddie
Old 09-29-2007, 08:05 PM
Coursair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problem with New T-Rex 450se V2

I"m a newby myself but I'm also a mechanic.
My 450 se had the tail blades too loose and one of them crashed into the boom.
Long story short , try rotating the head while holding the tail and look to see if the rear pully is turning. if it is , the problem is probibly the tail shaft pulled loose from the grip holder. The fix is easy , locktight on shaft and tighten set screw.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:44 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Problem with New T-Rex 450se V2

this may sound stupid but... I had a hard landing with my Black Hawk 450 and it rotated the whole tail about 1/2 deg. to the right. It caused the same thing you are describing.